Chapter 2: The Bully Cycle

That night, my dad came home pretty late. I guessed another employee quit. I had offered to work for him before, but he refused. He insisted that my studies were more important. I swear, he was going to work himself to death. In case you were wondering, he has black hair, tan, and dark chocolate eyes. My mom, she has blonde hair, blue eyes, and she can be scary when she wants to be.

The next morning, he didn't even stay for breakfast. He just left a note, saying that he would be home late again, and to order a pizza for dinner (he left a twenty for the pizza). I had to wake my brother up as usual, but when I opened his door, he was already up and ready.

"Um, okay? Since when do you not need me to wake you up?" I asked as I watched him put his stuff into his backpack.

"I don't know, I couldn't really go to sleep last night." he said. He walked passed me and into the bathroom.

I just ignored it and went back downstairs and sat on the couch, watching the clock. I would usually get ready too fast and spend an entire hour doing nothing. Fifteen minutes later, Kitt and I just decided to go to school early, maybe sell some fortunes.

We got to school and when we walked up to the building, I heard some commotion coming from behind the building. We ran over to see what was going on. When we turned the corner, there was a big group of people yelling and cheering.

Before Kitt could stop me, I quickly ran over to them and pushed my way to the middle. When I saw some of the football players beating up Alec, and saw that some other guys were holding Layla against her will, I lost it.

"STOP!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Everybody froze and looked at me. "What the HELL is going on here!? Let them go! NOW!" I yelled, walking over to the guy who was hitting Alec. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, and he smiled when he saw me.

"Awe, sweetie. Come to join the party?" he asked, about to put his hand on my shoulder, but I grabbed it and pushed it away.

"Do NOT call me sweetie! Let them go, Darrel!" I repeated, and he looked pissed off, but he signaled for his boys to let them go. They threw Alec to the ground. He groaned in pain and I had a sudden urge to run up and comfort him, but I didn't want to make the situation worse.

"Okay. You win this time, Sugarplum, but don't think that I'm gonna stop just because of you." Darrel said, caressing my cheek with his hand. I pulled away, wanting to punch him right in his perfect teeth. "Let's go guys." he said to the rest of the group. When they were a fair distance away, I turned to my brother.

"Call the cops. Let them know what happened." I said and he quickly glanced at Lil before walking away to call the police. I looked back at Alec and Lil was helping him to his feet.

"Are you okay?" I asked, taking a step towards him.

"I'm fine!" Alec yelled, aggressively pushing Lil's hand away. He was turned so I couldn't see his face. He just leaned up against the school wall, clutching his ribs.

God, for some reason, him not wanting us to help... hurt.

"Alec, you need to go to the hospital. You're badly injured." I stepped up and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I said I'm fine!" he yelled, shrugging my hand off. He tried to walk away, but he just fell to the ground, coughing up blood.

"Alec!" Lil screamed. She dropped to the ground next to him. I turned around when I heard sirens. Kitt was running over to us with a couple cops and paramedics.

"Hurry!" I yelled as I grabbed Lil and pulled her out of the way.

"Please! Help him!" Lil cried out as he coughed up some more blood. They grabbed him, put him on the gurney, and they ran back to the ambulance.