Chapter 6: Graduation

Yeah, okay, this year went by way faster than I thought it would or even wanted it to be. I guess I just didn't want it to end. For the past, what, eight months now? Alec and them have been living in our basement. Alec and I have been getting... close. Same for Kitt and Lil, Kitt hadn't been getting in any fights lately, which was good. Oh, we told Lil my name over Christmas break, and she was so excited. She and her mom also made the "KitKat" joke with our names. That's another reason why I never wanted to tell people my name. It's just so annoying.

Alec's dad hadn't bothered us for awhile, but I knew he knew where we were. If Alec was this afraid of him, he sure as hell wasn't stupid. What was he waiting for? Why hadn't he come yet? Wasn't he one of the most powerful men in the world?

That day, we were graduating from high school. I promised that I would tell everyone my real name, and that was what I was going to do. Right then, I was walking up to the stage to collect my high school diploma. I took it, but I asked for the microphone after. I turned to everyone in the audience, and smiled.

"Hi, I promised my brother that I would tell all of you my name today. So, my name... is Katt Quinne, and I am the fortune teller." I said and everybody started whispering as I came off stage. I went over to Kitt and gave him a hug.

"Thank you." he said giving me a good squeeze.

"You're welcome. I always keep my promises." I said letting go and looking around. I didn't see Alec anywhere. I did see a girl walking over to us.

"Hey, Katt? Um, would you mind giving me a quick reading?" she asked and I could tell that she had been crying.

"Of course, what do you want to know?" I asked, taking her hand.

"Well, my brother is going to join the army, and I wanted to know if he was going to survive?" she said, starting to cry again. I nodded and started the vision.

An image of a gravestone with the name Dillian Martial on it popped up. I looked at the death date and it said 2083. I came back to the present and smiled at her.

"He won't die in battle." I said and she started crying with relief.

"Thank you." she said, trying to hand me a twenty. I shook my head no and pushed her hand to her chest.

"Today is a happy day. No need to pay." I said and she hugged me so fast and walked away. I turned back to Kitt and Lil was standing by him watching me. "Hey, where's Alec?" I asked, looking around again.

"He left half an hour ago, he said he had something to do. He should be back in time for the party." Lil replied and I looked at her confused.

"What party?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah. The graduating football team is throwing a graduation party tonight. The whole school is invited." she said excitedly.

"Um, I'm not sure if I'm up for a party tonight." I said as we walked outside to our cars.

"Oh come on, it'll be your last chance to go to a high school party. Pleeeease?" Lil said with the cutest puppy dog eyes you'd ever seen.

"Fine, but the second I'm not having fun, I'm leaving." I said and she excitedly jumped into a hug.

"Okay, let's go home and change." Lil said excitedly and we all hopped into the car and went home.

A few hours later and I finished getting ready for the party. I went downstairs and met up with Lil and Kitt outside. I wanted to wait for Alec, but Lil said that he was going to meet us at the party, so we headed over there. Kitt and Lil went to dance on the dancefloor, I stayed back and waited for Alec. I didn't feel like dancing yet, him being gone all day made me worry about him. I was about to take a peek at the future to see if he was alright, but his car pulled up and I instantly sighed with relief. He got out of the car and I ran over and hugged him.