Chapter 5

- .... She's a liar... I hate her... - said the voice again and everything grew quiet again.

- A liar? - muttered Angie.

- There's any room that might have stronger energy? - Zak asked, turning to Angie.

- Uhm... Maybe... - she replied as she went upstairs, Zak followed her while the other stayed downstairs.

Angie took him upstairs to the room where German keeps all Maria's things. She thought that room might has stronger energy and when they arrived they both felt something in the air in that room. Something that none of the could explain.

While they froze there German came into the room too and they were about to continue asking questions when the same voice began to talk again...

- .... German.... Angeles....

They both froze.

- How do you know them?! - Zak continued asking - Who are you?!

Just then they voice spoke up again and this time it was very clear and made both Angie and German collapse down on the nearest chairs. The voice calmly replied to Zak's question...

- ... Maria....

He looked at Angie as soon as he got the answer.

- Seems like we were right... - he said.

- Yeah... - Angie muttered - But what now?

- Talk to her! Any of you, but try and talk to her goddamnit!

Angie looked over at German, but he wasn't in the shape so she stood up and walked next to Zak, thought for a moment then asked...

- Why did you came back, Maria...?

- ... I was always here... - came the answer.

- But something ha---

Suddenly they heard piano music from downstairs and when they got out of the room they saw the piano playing by itself.

- Is it... playing my song?! - Angie gasped.

- .... She's a liar... She hurts Angie...

- Who hurts Angie? - asked now German.

- .... Esmeralda...

- What?! Why would I hurt her?! - snapped Esme which was already suspicious.

- I don't understand... - German muttered.

- .... You will soon...

- Holy crap! This spirit has so much energy! - said Aaron.

- I agree... - nodded Zak - None of the other spirits could talk this much... Not those we worked with before...

Suddenly someone's phone that was on the table turned on. It was Esmeralda's and since German knew this he walked over there to check what's happening there. The phone to work by itself and it called a phone number that was unknown for German.

He hesitated for a moment then he took the phone and quietly listened to it as it was ringing for a little while. Everyone else was watching him quietly.

- Germy... - mumbled Esme, looking quite pale.

- Sssshh! - German hissed as he heard someone picking up the phone.

- Hello? Esmerlada? Why are you calling me so late? Did something happened? Did German know our plan?

German's eyes widened as he listened to the familiar voice with belonged to Matias LaFontaine.

- Matiii! Who are you talking to?? - whimped Jade in the background and German had no more doubts what Maria was referring to and what Angie was saying to him for months. That Esmeralda is a liar.

- Yes, German knows your plan - German said into the phone - And German will throw Esmeralda out of his house right now! - he said coldly then hung up, turning to Esme - I thought I can trust you... But I was wrong... Oh, how wrong I was...

- Germy, I can explain... - Esme moaned.

- No need. The engagement is over! And now get out!

- B-But...

- Get. Out!

Esme ran out of the house instantly and German collapsed on the sofa with his face in his hands. Everyone else was watching the whole situation quietly.

- That was intense... - said Aaron.

Just the Germn stood up and walked over to Zak.

- Turn this on again... - he said - I want to hear if Maria has something else to say...

Zak didn't ask anything more. He turned the EVP and the speaker on and German sighed deeply before he began to speak:

- Tell me I'm a moron... I know I am...

- ... You are... - said the soft woman's voice very clearly.

- Thank you for telling me the truth... Alone I'd never ever suspect anything like this...

- .... You have to listen to her more...

- Who?

- What do you think, you moron? - Angie hissed.

German looked at her for few seconds then smiled.

- Yeah... I am a moron... But I'll always love you, Maria.. - he said now with tears in his eyes which made Angie tear up too.

- And me too, Maria... - she sighed - I love you, sister...

- Find your happiness together... I love you both...

And with that everything grew quiet again.