Pianist

As the end of the school year came closer and closer Yoongi and I grew closer as well.

'Hey you know lets get some coffee after school.' I smiled wide at him. He looked over at me with his gummy smile. 'Sounds good to me!'

Heading to the coffee shop after school I was carrying my violin case in my hand.

I loved how people looked at me and made me smile because of it. I don't know why but it always brought a smile upon my face.

Yoongi held open the door for me as we walked in.

As he got an Americano I get a caramel latte.

'So any plans for the weekend?' I asked with a smile. He nodded as he sipped his iced coffee. 'Yeah, well not like usual tho.' I frowned surprised. 'Ohh tell me.' I made him smile a little. 'I'm going to eat with the guys. I don't have any competition or show so they asked me to come with. What about you?' I awed. 'That's so fun! You guys must enjoy it! Ah I have a little tournament show. I need to play three parts two that are given to me and one I can choose myself, so I'm excited. I'm doing it to get a chance with one of the schools I would like to go to.' Smiling he smiled as well.

'That sounds like something you would do, give it your own twist.' I chuckled. 'You guys should come check it out it's at 8 pm in the opera two blocks down the road from our school.' 'Oh the pretty acoustic one?' His eyes sparkled bright. 'Yep that one.' He nodded. 'I will ask them, they probably will say yes so.' Chuckling we talked further about stuff. After he walked me home.

Saturday 9 pm arrived.

I was next up in line.

They signed me to hold on for a minute. Looking around I saw there was no pianist to be found.

'Where is he?' One of the people around me mumbled. 'He ran off, he went to the bathroom. He got the flew he can't leave.' I gritted my teeth as I heard the news.

'What now?' I joined in on the conversation. 'We are sorry miss but we will have to wait.' Nodding I sucked in my lips.

Heading back I took my phone and texted Yoongi to let them know.

'Ladies and gentlemen we are sorry to announce this but we have a small problem we will be back after a 10 minutes break.' Looking up to the speaker I frowned. 'Why me~' I mumbled.

Yoongi had opened my text.

Yoongis pov.
'Guys.' I looked at all of them as they sat to my left. 'They are having to wait because the pianist got the flew. They can't get him out of the bathroom.' I whispered making them awe at me. 'Go!' Jin said. 'What?' I frowned in confusion.

'Go fill in for him.' I frowned deeper as I leaned over Jimin to ton it down more I answered back. 'That's not allowed! I'm not going.' They all looked at me.

'GO!' They all whisper yelled making the people around us glance. 'Fine fine fine, I'm going. Don't yell~ Aishh.' Making an extra tsh sound I stood up and made my way down.

Walking to the back I saw the stage manager. 'Hey.' I bowed deep.

'Oh. Hello, aren't you one of mister**** young students?' With a flattering smile as he smiled at me I nodded. 'Yes~ I come here often for competitions. That's how I recognized you.' He awed.

'Ahh I see so what are you doing back here?' I looked him straight in the eyes and answered.

'I would like to fill in for the pianist.' His eyes widened. 'What! Really? We would have to talk about it with the jury first, please wait here.' He immediately took off almost bumping into one of the light men.

Waiting for about two minutes he came back.

'You are on in five! Thank you for the great suggestion.' Both bowing I took off with him the get a formal suit jacket from the pianist that was still sick as they got Y/N.

Getting the jacket I put it one and asked the stage manager if there was sheet music on the piano. He said yes lucky. Being delighted to hear so I waited at the rug.

Seeing Y/N run with her violin and bow in hand she looked shocked at me.

'Yoongi what the hell?' She asked gasping. 'No time to explain come on.'

Pulling her upstage we both bowed, me taking places behind the piano, her in front of me slightly turned so I saw her movements.

Hearing her soft breathing to enlighten me about her tempo I waited for my part.

Luckily I knew this piece already, but doing it for someone else to win with it felt a bit different. I couldn't mess this up.

Y/ns pov.
Playing with Yoongi I felt a bit safer but I was a bit confused.

Breathing in and out to set the tempo I started.

Beethoven's Sonata no.9 in A major op.47 Kreutzer Sonata- sure was the most beautiful piece he had written in my opinion.

I played it with all my heart trying my best to remain at the original tempo. But sometimes I slipped and went to fast but Yoongi caught right on making it seem planned.

As we ended I felt relieved. This could mean a lot for my future. Looking at Yoongi I saw he didn't have the sheet music for my own song. Panicked I looked at the stage manager. He clearly didn't got the hint as he gave me just a thumbs up.

'Shit.' I mumbled.

'Here.' I said to Yoongi, giving him my sheets, the piano was also shown on them.

His eyes winded a bit as he took my wrist when I wanted to turn away. 'What?!.. You can't play without your sheets.' He looked scared in a way. With a kind smile I laid my violin on my shoulder.

'Of course I can. Just follow my lead and play it a bit faster okay? We got this.' His grip softened as he nodded and lowered his hand back to hover above the keys.

"Come on you can do it." I thought to myself as I took a deep breath and hopped my violin lightly to let Yoongi know the tempo.

Joshua Bell, Liebesleid.

It was on the slower side, that's why I told Yoongi to speed it up a bit.

Almost through the song I felt the screw of my bow unscrewed making the hair on the bow become weaker wish caused the violin to sound differently. Speeding up Yoongi didn't even frown and just followed.

Ending without failure I bowed.

Turning to Yoongi I whispered. 'My screw loosened.' spinning it up again he smiled at me.

'Come on now is your solo you can do it.' He made me feel a bit more confident as he gave me my papers back. 'Thank you Yoongi.'

I was here to impress and I sure was with my solo. Walking up to the middle I bowed to the judges and told them the piece I had chosen.

'I have chosen to play Paganini's 24 caprices, op.1 no.1 in E major for you this evening.' With a kind smile and another bow I stepped back and adjusted myself to start playing.

This part was only 2 minutes long. I could mess up in many ways but I've played Paganini ever since I was little. He had such a special feel to his composing that I loved to play his music.

Halfway through the piece I looked into the crowd and stopped looking at my sheet music. I saw my friends, my family and everyone else in the room. Closing my eyes I felt peace with the music. Giving it my all to end it.

At I finished the crowd was allowed to applauded making me smile and bow deep three times before Yoongi joined and bowed with me as well.

'You did amazing, Y/N.'