ch. 4

Ben takes Mal on a date to enchanted lake and when he came home I noticed the difference.

"Did the lake water wash away the love spell?" I ask and he nods as I go back to climbing the rock wall in my other training room. Mom wouldn't let me put a rock wall in my bedroom.

"Are you going to take Jay to the enchanted lake and un spell him?" Ben asks and I nod as I climb back down. "Good." When I'm back on level ground I bite my lip. "You have no idea on what to do, do you?" He asks and I shake my head no.

He takes me to the kitchen and starts loading a picnic basket full of snacks and drinks and a blinket before leading me to my room. With his help I pick out a bathing suit, which I put on under my clothes once he leaves the room, and he walks with me to my bike before tying it to the back. He and Mal went on a date last week so he knows what he's talking about when he helps me.

"Good luck." He says and I nod with a small smile.

I make it to the dorms and I run to Jay's room but his door is shut. I go to knock and that's when I hear the vk's talking.

"What is wrong with you Jay?" Mal asks. "Why are you hanging around that girl so much?"

"That girl? You mean Abby?" Jay asks and I guess that she nods. "Because she's amazing and I love her!" I feel tears prick my eyes. The door opens and Mal and Evie greet me with a glare before brushing past me. "Abby?" Jay asks as he sees me in the doorway. I give a small smile.

"Hi." I mouth and he smiles.

"What's up?" He asks and I feel nervous.

"Go on a date with me?" I sign and he smiles before nodding.

"Sure." He goes to shut the door but I stop him.

"Bring a swim suit. I'll meet you out front." He looks confused but goes back to his room. I hurry outside and sit on my bike with my helmet in my lap and my spare helmet beside me. When I see him walking out I straighten up and he smiles at me before pulling on the spare helmet and climbing onto the bike behind me. Once he's secure and has his arms wrapped around me I start driving.

When we park at the parking lot for the enchanted lake I grab the picnic basket and towels and motion for Jay to follow me. He grins and takes the stuff from me and with a shy smile we walk to the pavilion.

"So what brought this on?" He asks and I shrug. Once we get there I lay out the blanket while he empties the basket of it's snacks.

"Do you want to swim first or eat first?" I ask and he holds up an apple.

"Lets eat first." I grin with a nod. "So what do your parents think of you hanging out with a villain kid?" He asks after a few bites.

"They know that I'm dating someone just not who yet. I wanted to introduce you at family day." I answer and he nods. We finish eating and I start stripping out of my jeans and tank top to reveal my bathing suit and I look to see him watching me with a blush.

I grin and point to the cliffs before hurrying away. Once at the cliffs I see him looking for me and I whistle. He looks and I smile with a wave before doing a backflip into the water. I swim under the water until I notice the water being disturbed.

I swim to the surface and see Jay freaking out as he struggles in the water to look for me. My eyes widen in realization that he can't swim and I swim to his side and help support him. Hee relaxes as he sees me beside him and I smile up at him as I lead him to shallow water. Once my feet can touch the ground I have him stop and start teaching him how to swim. We had fun.

"Thank you for teaching me how to swim." He says as we sit on the edge of the pavilion.

"Don't worry about it. That's what girlfriends are for, right?" I question and he pauses before slowly nodding with a smile.

"Yeah. Right." Slowly he cups my cheeks gently in his hands. I look up at him through my lashes as he slowly moves closer to me and hesitantly he goes to place his lips on mine before I turn my face for him to kiss my cheek.

Soon he pulls away and I see him looking at me as if he's afraid of what I might do. Without thinking I gently grab his face and pull him back to kiss his cheek.

We pull away with shy grins. After that we sit and talk.