ch. 5

Once family day arrives I stand with my parents and Ben to get our picture taken.

"So we had heard that you two are in relationships. Do we get to meet them?" Dad asks and mom agrees as she disses Audrey.

"Yes actually. Jay! Mal!" Ben calls and my parent's faces drop into shock right when the photographer takes the picture and I can't help but laugh. I hurry to Jay's side and gently pull him over to my parents.

"Mom, dad, this is Jay. Jay this is my parents." I introduce and Jay nervously extends his hand to shake theirs.

"It's nice to meet you." He says and they nod in shock as they shake his hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too." Dad says and I smile softly which causes my parents to look at each other shocked. "How about we have lunch together?" Dad questions and I look to Evie and Carlos. "They can join us too." Dad says quickly and I nod in thanks.

"That would be nice. Thank you." Jay says hesitantly as he glances down at me and I give him a smile of encouragement. He smiles back.

"You guys want to play?" Ben asks as he holds up a crochet mallet. We nod and proceed to where the others are when I hear mom and dad talking.

"Have you ever seen her look so happy?" Dad asks.

"Not since she was cursed. Do you think that he might be the one?"

"To break the curse? I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised. He's not afraid of her." Dad answers mom's question and I feel my mood slipping slightly.

"But if memory serves, everyone was afraid of you until I came along. This will be good for her." Mom says and I smile softly. This curse hasn't been easy on anyone. Especially my parents. I hear a commotion and look to see Audrey's grandmother causing a scene with Mal and I hurry to stand in between them.

"You are defending them?!" She shrieks and I nod. "But their villains!"

"These 'villains' have excepted me and made me feel more welcome than anyone here in Auradon. I will stand beside them now and always." I sign and Ben translates.

"Of course they would make you feel welcome! No one wants a broken princess!" Chad laughs and I stiffen.

"She's not broken. She's strong and brave and a better person than anyone that I've meet here." Evie says and I look at her shocked as she nods to me with a small smile which I return. Chad starts bad mouthing all of us and Evie pulls out her mirror. "Mirror mirror in my hand, who's the biggest jerk in the land?" She says as she shows Chad and it's his face. He tried to knock it out of her hand and Jay tries to step in but they start fighting and Evie sprays Chad in the face with something and he falls asleep. As everyone freaks out over Chad I check on Evie and Jay.

Ben tries to get everyone to calm down and I start ushering the vk kids away. I get them some lunch and set them down at a picnic table and they thank me.

"Thank you Abby. For standing up for us." Mal says and the others nod.

"I stand by what I said and I would do it again." I sign and Jay translates.

"Aren't you afraid of losing your friends?" Carlos asks and I laugh softly.

"What friends? They all abandoned me when I was cursed. The only one who treated me decent was Doug but they have their claws in him." I answer as Jay translates and Carlos nods.

"I'm sorry that they did that. Wait you were cursed?" Mal asks and I nod.

"Ursula and Hook put a curse on her when she was younger. They took away her voice and only true loves kiss can reverse it." Jay answers.

"And everyone treats you like a freak so you don't trust anyone anymore. You put up a wall to keep everyone out yet you trust us." I shake my head.

"Your partially right." I say to Mal. "I don't trust anyone. I use to trust Ben but after my curse he turned against me like everyone else. It was after I did something really stupid did he realize that what he did was wrong." I say and they look confused.

"What did you do?" Jay asks and subconsciously I pull my sleeves down to make sure that my wrists are covered. Luckily they don't press it as Audrey and her crew come and sit at a table near us and we can hear them start to bad mouth us before Ben comes over.

"Abby we have some things to deal with before the coronation." He says and I nod as I look to Jay to see him nod to me. I bite my lip softly before pecking his cheek. I hurry after Ben before Jay could say anything.

~Jay~

I feel my face heat up as Abby kisses by cheek but before I could do anything she runs after Ben.

"Awe how sweet. But it won't last. Once Ben realizes that he can't make a villain into a queen he'll get ride of all of you and she'll kill herself." Audrey laughs and my body stiffens. What?

"Oh she didn't tell you?" Jane laughs. "After she was attacked by Hook she tried to kill herself. Put two deep gashes into her wrist. If Ben hadn't have found her then she would've been long gone. Honestly it would've been better that way." She laughs more and Mal uses her magic to return Jane's looks to normal. She and Audrey have a tiny stand off before they run away in fear.

"I really can't wait until tomorrow. Then we can blow this popsicle stand." With that we get to our feet and walk towards our dorms.

"Wait. Mal can we bring her with us?" I ask and she pauses.

"You want to bring Abby back to the isle?" I nod.

"They already hate her here. I can't abandon her like this. Not after what she's been through." Mal thinks about it.

"Give her the choice. If she does want to leave then we'll take her with us." I nod and we separate to get ready for tomorrow.