[Chapter 1] I Can't Remember

Author's Note: Okay, so I posted this chapter a little bit ago, but I took it down because I wanted to develop the book more before posting. So, obviously the book's more developed since this is up again and...yeah =) I hope you like it, because I really enjoy writing this story, and thanks for reading! -Rachael

30 DAYS LEFT...

I woke up to an almost completely dark room. The only source of light was a sliver of sunlight that shone through the crack in the heavy curtains that were pulled together. I heaved a sigh and turned my head, looking over and, in the darkness, seeing an alarm clock with red illuminated numbers. 09:56. To the left of those numbers was a small dot, indicating that it was morning. I groaned and swung my legs over the side of the bed.

I was late for band practice. Again.

Great, another lecture from Pete, I thought to myself as I unconsciously walked into the bathroom like I had any other morning.

I turned the light on and trudged in, rubbing my face as I tried to wake myself up. I dropped my hands to my sides and turned towards the sink, going to grab the edges like I did every morning when I couldn't. I raised my eyebrow in confusion. This sink was in a counter. My sink was just a sink. This wasn't my sink. My sink didn't have travel-sized shampoos and conditioners and bars of soap in little boxes neatly arranged on the side either. I looked to the right and then back at the sink. This wasn't even my bathroom.

I slowly turned my head to the left to look back into the room I came from. My eyes widened.

This wasn't even my bedroom.

Where am I?

I walked back into the room and over to the curtains, opening them and allowing sunlight to flood in and illuminate the room.

I turned around and ran my fingers through my hair.

I had no idea where I was. But I was certainly not at my house.

I didn't recognize a single thing. Not the walls of the room I was in, not the furniture of the room I was in, nothing. The room was a complete mess too. The lamp that was supposed to stand tall in the corner of the room was now lying on the floor, the glass of the light bulb shattered and scattered about the floor near the lamp. The mirror that reflected my image was tilted slightly to the right, and one of the corners was missing a piece of the reflective glass.

I looked down and saw that I was missing my shirt, my pants too. I was only in my boxers.

What happened and why I am practically naked?

Just then, a groan that didn't come from my mouth sounded. I looked down to see the sheets on the bed move, and not a second later, be pushed down to reveal a woman. She turned her head and looked up at me. Her light brown, almost green-ish, eyes widened.

"Who are you?" She asked me, sitting up. The covers fell to reveal her in a black bra.

"Who are you?" I retorted, slowly putting my hands on my hips.

I had never seen this girl before. At least, I didn't think I did. She had medium-length/long red hair. I wasn't sure if it was naturally straight or naturally curly. It was pretty messed up. I don't think I recognized her face either.

"I asked you first," She replied, pulling the bed sheets up to her chest.

"Well...I asked you second," I argued, crossing my arms over my chest.

She rolled her eyes, "Ugh fine. I'm Claire."

"Claire?"

"Yes. Now who are you?"