Four

Dedicated to my dad. Rip legend!!

I tiptoed into my room and the light suddenly came on before I could close the door completely.

"You could have at least told me you were planning on going out,so I'll know how to cover up for you. Matron came to look for you, your mom called." At the mention of my mom, I turned to look at Angela.

"What did you tell her? Where did you tell her I went to?" I asked hastily.

"I told her you were out receiving fresh air, that you had a bad dream and you wanted to take a walk to forget. And as for your mom, she's coming this weekend to see you." With that, she covered herself with her duvet and turned to the other side, after turning off the light.

I knew my mom had been deeply concerned after finding out about the death of Kay Kay. She kept on calling the matron, everyday non-stop till I begged her not to anymore.

I laid on my bed, thinking about what was written on the wall. Someone killed Kay Kay and that someone was presently in the school, another person wants the murderer found. This is going to be a hell of a term. I slept off in the middle of my thoughts.

I woke up to the sound of the morning bell, Angela had already had her bath and was ready to go. I quickly got out of my night wear and did my hygiene.

After dressing up, I took my purse and my tablet and left for the dining room. Other dorms were already seated, Angela and I took our sit at our regular table. Noodles was served as breakfast and we readily ate. The school's meals were usually really nice, with a lot of nutrients. After each breakfast, we were required to take fruits to top up.

After eating, Angela and I walked to the main school together.

"You should be careful though. Always watch your back, you never know who's watching your every moves." Angela said and walked away.

What she said immediately gave me goosebumps, I felt cold all of a sudden. Now, I had every reason to suspect Angela. But why would she want to know the person who killed Kay Kay? What was she going to gain. Kay Kay never even liked her, so why would she want to know the killer of the person who never acknowledged her for a split second.

"Hey." William said, walking towards me with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey." I replied and started walking towards my class. William was a year my senior. He was in his final year already and they literally had just four months before their exams.

"You stood there, looking lost. What were you thinking about?" I was about to reply him when I noticed a figure looking at me from one of the classes, upstairs. I couldn't make out the person's face but I knew the person may likely be the answer to all our problems. "Earth to Zara!"

"Yeah? You were saying? Oh! Um, I was just thinking, nothing deep. How you doing though? How are you preparing for your exams?" I asked him, trying to change the topic. But knowing William, he'll always try to make it all about me.

"The preparation is going well. For real though, are you good? You looked like you saw a ghost over there and I was really scared."

"I'm fine. I told you if I had an issue, I'll come to you, didn't I?" We were already at the front of my class and I was more than eager to leave him. I didn't want other people to see us together and come up with bizarre theories.