Friends(Core Four)

Betty, Jughead, Archie, and Veronica all sit at Pops, smashed up against each other in their usual booth. It's not that there isn't enough room for the four of them to sit in their own personal space but they'd all much rather be cramped together like a can of sardines because soon the tight like glue friend group will split. And none of them are ready for that.

That's what this night is all about, so as they sit there drinking milkshakes they will laugh loudly as they remember how fun the times were when they were not chasing serial killers or organ harvesting cults. But even those times weren't so bad because they had had each other.

"I just wanna say that I couldn't ask for better friends and that even after high school and we part ways we all really should stay in touch," Veronica says, now having everybody's attention. "I know I'm never gonna find another group of friends like you. But I don't want to. So let's make a pact."

"What kind of pact, V?" Betty asks, a little misty-eyed at what her best friend had just said and the fact that soon they will be parting way. They will be miles away from each other and to think that four years ago Betty had barely acknowledged or been aware of some of her friend's existence.

"A spit pact, one where we vow to never stop talking to one another. Even if we can't see each other we'll promise to talk at least once a week." Veronica says and it's all a little childish and disgusting but if you can't be like that with the people you solve mysteries with then who can you? "And you guys better take it seriously because I'm willing to shake hands with spit." She adds earning a laugh from everyone.

"I'm in, Veronica," Jughead says, smiling that very crooked smile of his.

"So am I," Archie smiles.

"Of course I'm going to do it. But like V said we have to stay true to our promise." Betty grins, already spitting in her hand. The other three do the same. "Ready?" Betty asks, already laughing at how silly it is.

"Ready!" They shout, and maybe it's a bit too loud in comparison to the calm mellow mood that a night at Pop's brings but nobody really cares.

They shake hands quickly and soon dissolve into a mess of giggles and really they look so much younger than these past four years living in Riverdale had allowed.

"Oh, and one more thing, promise me that we will never stop having a childish side." Veronica breathes out trying to catch her breath from laughing so hard.

"Of course, Ronnie, I will never stop being a kid," Archie replies, while passing his friend's napkins.

"Oh, we know," Jughead smirks, earning a playful glare from Archie

"Pinky promise?" Betty suggests, giving all her friends a bright smile and it's truly a wonder how she has been able to keep that ever so bright light about her.

"Pinky Promise!" The three yell back, and the four them lock pinkies.

They spend all night at Pop's, recalling old memories and talking about the new ones they'll make, all the while knowing that this will never be the end of their friendship.