Promise Ring(Varchie)

Archie admired Veronica with a smile on his face as they practiced a song Archie had been working on. He smirked to himself as he placed his guitar down, pulled the ring out of his jean pocket, and got down on one knee.

Veronica had her back turned, too focused on their song harmonies to notice that Archie was attempting to propose to her.

"Ronnie," Archie said.

Veronica spun around, when she took in the scene in front of her she clamped a newly manicured hand to her mouth.

Veronica put her hand on Archie's shoulder. "Archie what are you doing? We are not getting married anytime soon." She stated firmly.

"Ronnie I know. Just promise me that someday you will marry me." He got up off his knees and grabbed Veronica's hand. "I know we're too young to get married now, but I wanna marry you someday. I wanna have kids with you someday. I love you, Ronnie!"

She put her arms around Archie's neck and pulled him down for a kiss. "Archie, of course, I'll marry you someday." She smiled at him. "You stuck by my side through everything. I love you, Archie."

He pulled her into a hug and let the smell of her perfume invade his senses. He kissed her on her head and smiled when she snuggled further into his chest.

Archie was sure this was what his dad wanted for him because his father had always wanted him to be happy and Veronica did just that. She made him want to be a better person, she made him see the potential he had in himself. And Archie truly believed that he would never find that in another woman.

"You know my dad really liked you. It sucks that he won't be able to see us get married." He missed his father so much, it hurt. But he wasn't going to wallow in his sorrow and say it was in the name of his father, because Fred Andrews would never want his son to be so devasted that he threw away his life.

"He probably would have offered to walk you down the aisle, considering your dad would probably try to kill me." Archie laughed because that was honestly the only thing you could do when your girlfriend's dad would actually try to kill you and had actually already attempted.

"I would have loved that Archie."

He smiled at his girl wondering how he got so lucky. "I love you."

"You already said that." She giggled

He grinned. "But I do."