Date Night(Choni)

Toni and Cheryl had passed on the responsibility of caring for the twins Juniper and Dagwood to the Smith-Jones residence specifically, Alice and Fp. The twins had been gone for a week and Toni and Cheryl were relieved that the responsibility of taking care of the twins was no longer theirs. So to celebrate Cheryl had planned a date for her and Toni since they really hadn't had any one on one time in quite a while.

"T.T, I have a surprise for you," Cheryl called from upstairs. She really was so excited about this date. She missed having alone time with Toni.

"Hey, babe," Toni said when she reached the room. "What's this surprise about?"

"Well, I realized that we haven't ever really had a proper date. I mean I guess you could count when we went to see Love Simon but that wasn't planned. So I took the liberty of planning one for us." Cheryl explained.

"That sounds nice, babe." Toni smiled. She was excited about the date. The past few months had been hard on the both of them so it was going to be nice to just relax. "A night with my favorite Blossom sounds awesome actually."

"Great!" Cheryl squealed. "Okay, so dress casual but fancy. Because Your gonna wanna be comfortable, oh and were a good jacket."

"Okay, but first give me a kiss." Toni walked over to her girlfriend and pulled her into a kiss. Then she went to go get ready.

...

Cheryl was waiting outside, leaned up against a motorcycle, waiting for Toni. She was lost in her thoughts thinking about tonight and how everything had to be perfect. She wanted this night to be perfect, it had to be perfect.

Cheryl didn't notice that Toni had walked outside until she called her name. Cheryl snapped her head up and smiled at Toni. "Wow, you look great. I'm so glad I get to call you my girlfriend."

"You look amazing too," Toni said, completely oblivious to the motorcycle Cheryl was leaning on. How? Cheryl didn't know.

She stood up straight and moved aside and that's when she heard Toni's breath catch in her throat.

"Is that-"

"Yep," Cheryl said.

"Wow, uh, thank you." Toni laughed.

"You're welcome." Cheryl grinned.

"You know we're gonna have to name her," Toni said. still memorized by the black and purple bike.

"Excuse me?" Cheryl asked. Surely she hadn't heard that correctly. Naming cars and motorcycles were for men who loved their vehicles more than their women. At least that's what Cheryl believed. And she should know, her murdering father had named all his cars.

"We have to name her. My old one was named Charlotte because I found a spider on her and it reminded me of Charlotte's web." Toni explained

Cheryl fondly shook her head, "anything for you, T.T."

"Okay, now let's hop on her. I'm assuming your driving since I have no clue were going?"

"You are correct. Aren't you surprised that I know how to ride one?" Cheryl asked with a smirk.

"I should be, shouldn't I? But I'm not. There is no way you would buy something without knowing how to properly use it."

Cheryl smiled. "You're right, now let's go."

The drive had been a short three minutes. Toni had recognized the road, and the bright neon lights that came into view had confirmed her suspicions. They were going to Pop's.

"First stop Pop's," Cheryl said when she pulled into the parking lot.

"First stop, meaning there's more?" Toni hopped off the bike and Cheryl followed.

"Of course there's more, there is no way I'm allowing our first real date be at just Pop's"

"Well alright then." Toni held her arm out for the redhead "Shall We?"

"We shall," Cheryl said, locking arms with her girlfriend.

...

They had finished their meal at Pop's and now they were back on the bike. The road was cleared except for a few cars, but other than that Cheryl and Toni were completely alone on the road.

It felt good.

It was like Cheryl and Toni were the only people who existed. It was such a change compared to the seemingly quiet town that was Riverdale. In their home town, it lured you in with a quiet peaceful life, and then when you were finally comfortable it pounced. And it made you realize that things in Riverdale were never good, not by any meaning of the word.

But tonight, out here, hours away from the place that for some reason Cheryl would always call home, there was no impending danger lurking in the shadows. It was just Cheryl and Toni riding on a motorbike they had yet to name.

"The beach," Toni whispered in awe of the night sky.

"I find the beach to be very romantic," Cheryl said as she got off the bike. She opened the little compartment in the back and she pulled out a picnic blanket and a huge black fur blanket.

She laid the blankets down in the sand with Toni's help and then they both sat down.

They were silent for a moment, they just let the sound of the waves crashing calm them. But then the sound of Cheryl's phone ringing cut through the silence, startling the two of them.

"I'm just gonna take this real quick." Cheryl stepped out of Toni's earshot.

"Hey, Kevin, thanks again for doing this." She said into the phone. "Yeah, okay, great." She looked back to Toni who was completely mesmerized by the twinkling stars and Cheryl didn't blame her. In Riverdale, there were far too many blinding lights to be able to make out the stars. "Yeah  sorry, uh start them in sixty seconds"

"We will. Bye." Cheryl ended the call and hurried back to Toni. "Sorry about that. I just needed to finalize some plans." She sat back down on the blanket and curled up next to Toni.

"It's okay, but you can make it up to me by giving me a kiss," Toni smirked.

"If you say so." She locked lips with the Topaz girl. "I love you." She mumbled before deepening the kiss. They were so lost in each other that when the first pop went off they were scared half to death.

"Shit! I completely forgot about those." She turned to her girlfriend admiring the fireworks.

"Babe, you did all this for me. Thank you" Toni said trying to hold back tears. She had never felt this loved in her whole entire life, and she was so grateful to have someone like Cheryl to love her.

"Of course. I love you to the moon and back."

"You're so cheesy." She smiled at her girlfriend. "I love you too, and I'm so glad that I have you in my life." She paused failing to hold back tears, she honestly had no idea was she was being so emotional."I know that neither of us had the best home life, but now that we're together we're each other's homes. And life can never be bad when we have each other."

"That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. Thank you" She kissed Toni and snuggled up to her. "Let's finish watching these fireworks"

"Okay, but one more thing. We should name the motorcycle Simone in honor of Love Simon the first movie we ever saw together."

"That sounds perfect Toni. Now let's enjoy these fireworks, my love."

They finish watching the fireworks together and they spend the rest of the night at the beach talking laughing and they're both so grateful that they have each other.