Slow and Steady Wins the Race (Falice-ish)

A/N: Did I write this simply because the saying slow and steady wins the race inspired me? Yes, yes I did do that. So you know, this is kinda all over the place. But it was fun to write and I needed to write another falice centered fic even if they weren't happy in it. But give me suggestions.

He had done it again, he had gone and broken heart for the third time. Alice doesn't even know why she's surprised, this is what hat she and Fp did. They sleep together and never admit that they feel more than lust for another and then suddenly something or someone had thrown a wrench in their plans and they break off their little 'fling'. It's a continuous cycle, it always stays the same.

But this time was supposed to be different, it was different. They had had a semi-stable relationship and while it had been progressing slowly it had been steady. And slow and steady was supposed to win the race, only maybe she had been too slow because he had gone back to Gladys.

She had marched into his office to try to talk him out of leaving her and she hated how vulnerable he was able to make her feel. But a small part of her knew that he loved her as much she loved him. She had asked if he had loved Gladys and instead, instead of saying no like she had hoped he would he had responded with she's the mother of my children. That had hurt the most, because what did that make her and Charles?

And when she had asked if he loved her he had said that it didn't' matter, but it did matter because she needed to know. She needed to know so she could end this continuous cycle. So she could stop going back to him, so he could stop shattering her heart. Because she didn't know if she could take his rejection anymore and if it came down to it she would go back to him. She doesn't think she is strong enough to end their little game if she still had a sliver of hope that maybe he did love her. 

But maybe, maybe it's better this way, so all her focus can be on stopping the farm, and getting back to her regular self, and building a relationship with Charles, and rebuilding her ruined relationship with Betty. Because while she didn't have Fp she still had her kids.

Polly hated her, but by some miracle, she still had Charles and Betty. They could and would be enough. So no matter how much she wanted to march back into Fp's office and demand he give her a real answer to her question she wouldn't. She would go back to hating the man just as she did two years ago. If he didn't want to give them a real chance well then Alice would not force him. 

But she was going to force herself to end their little game, she had outgrown it. And if one day he wanted to act as an adult they might be able to reconcile their relationship and give it a real chance. But that day may never come so for now she was done with Fp Jones.