0.3

THREE.
the headache

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"You're back already?" Kuiil asked as I led my blurrg inside the large area surrounded by a fence. "I expected you to be with the Mandalorian for longer."

I sighed, shaking my head. "I'm sure he can make it on his own -- he's a Mandalorian after all."

"Are you sure?" He crossed his arms, walking over to me. "I am certain he is not going to make it."

"Oh, come on, Kuiil." I pulled my ponytail out, my hair flowing in the wind. "You don't know that.. he's a lot smarter than he looks."

He shrugged, signaling me to follow him. I simply obeyed and helped him fix some machines that were broken. But while I was helping him, I couldn't help but think if Mando was going to make it or not. It was hurting my head.. and it just wouldn't stop. I had to get some rest and get those ridiculous thoughts about Mando out of my head.

"Hey, Kuiil?"

"Yes?"

"I think I'm gonna head to bed early today." I said, standing up from fixing the bottom of a lamp post. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Alright." He responded, looking up at me. "Good night."

🔹️🔹️🔹️

The peaceful sound of the wind filled my ears as I continued to sleep. It wasn't until the continuous clanging of metal woke me up. I slowly sat up on my bed, stretching out my arms and rubbing my tired eyes.

I walked out of my tent as the bright ray of sunshine warmed up my body. I looked around, searching for any sign of Kuiil. After a few minutes of looking for him, I heard heavy footsteps approaching my direction.

I turned to see the very person I was looking for. I smiled, greeting him. "Kuiil."

"Adalyn," He replied, setting down his bucket full of mechanical tools. "How did you sleep last night?"

"Good," I looked up at the sky, trying to tell what time it was. "What time is it?"

"Almost afternoon."

"Oh," I pursed my lips, crossing my arms. "I guess I must've been really tired."

"Well," He started, grabbing the bucket and handing it over to me. "We have work to do."

I nodded, taking the bucket from out of his hands and heading towards another lamp post. We both were working on it for hours and hours.

After we fixed the lamp post, it was about time for me to head over to the next broken machine. Just when I was about to start on it, I felt a sharp pain in my head. I groaned, trying to push through the headache.

"Are you alright?" Kuiil asked, raising an eyebrow. I glued my eyes shut, the pain coursing throughout my whole body. He rushed over to me, "Adalyn?"

"I-I.." I stuttered as the pain slowly went away. "I'm fine.."

"No, you are not." He said, placing my arm over his shoulder. Just then, I realized that my head wasn't hurting because of an ache; it's because it was trying to tell me something.

"Kuiil," I sighed, pushing him away. "Something's wrong."

He tilted his head, furrowing his eyebrows at me. "What are you talking about?"

"I have to go." I said, grabbing a nearby blaster and placing it in my emissary belt. I ran over to my blurrg, taking him out of the large area.

"Adalyn--!"

"I'll be back by sundown!" I exclaimed, mounting the blurrg. I signalled the blurrg to start moving towards a certain direction. But my mind was focused on one person and one person only..

Mando.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Don't move!" A stormtrooper exclaimed, pointing his rifle at me. I glared, realizing that I was completely surrounded by stormtroopers. "Drop your weapon!"

I stood my ground, tightening my grasp on my weapon. I growled, "You know I'm not going to do that.. you've got bad aim."

The stormtroopers began shooting at me, causing me to fight back and try to block their blasts. It felt like an eternity of fighting, until..

CRASH

I closed my eyes for a moment, preparing for impact. But that's when I realized nothing had hit me. I opened my eyes again, confused. I looked around and notice that all the stormtroopers' bodies were laying on the floor -- dead.

I lowered my weapon, raising up an eyebrow. Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice boom from behind me throughout the empty room.

"Go now."

"Who--?"

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, making me jump and turn around to face the mysterious person. I gasped, dropping my blaster and covering my mouth with my hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, pulling him into a warm embrace. "How'd you find me?"

"No time to talk." He said, breaking the hug apart. He looked deep into my eyes. "Run.. and don't look back, okay?"

"What are you talking about--"

"Please, you have to go." He shook his head, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "Run away as far as you can. I promise I will find you."

"I can't just run away from this fight."

He paused, listening to the footsteps approaching the room. He turned back to look at me, "Adalyn, stop this. You have to go now! HE will find you and who knows what he'll do to you."

"I'm not leaving you! This is my battle too."

"Let's not argue," He said, cupping my face in his soft hands. "You've done enough. I don't want to lose you too."

"Well, I can't either!" I bit my lower lip. "What will I do if I never see you again?"

"Adalyn.." He muttered under his breath, leaning his forehead against mine. Just then, I felt a sharp pain bolt throughout my mind and body. "Just remember.. the Force will always be with you."

After that, my mind went completely blank; I can't remember much after that certain exchange with that person. All I know is that I never saw him again.

But whenever I feel that specific type of pain burst through my head, I always know that something isn't right -- that something is going to go wrong..

.. like that one day when everything turned upside down.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

I narrowed my eyes, lifting my hood over my face. I had guided my blurrg at least 30 miles away from camp, trying to look for any signs of Mando. My blurrg was starting to get a bit tired from running as it slowed down drastically.

"C'mon, buddy.." I said to my blurrg. ".. just stay strong for a bit longer."

I was about to give up on the search for the Mandalorian after a couple of minutes had passed.. until I found a body laying on the ground. My eyes widened as the figure grew more and more familiar. I jumped off of my blurrg, running towards the body.

"Mando!"