I Can Explain

She has known about supernaturals almost half of her life. She knew they were there but didn't actually meet any of them. That is until one day she did.

It was a vampire if she had to guess. The guy looked like any other teenager when he approached her. He looked her in the eyes dead serious, put his hand on her shoulder and told her to stay quiet and don't move. She didn't know what he was thinking if he thought she wasn't gonna move... She had grabbed his hand and moved it away. She couldn't explain the feeling she felt when she did that. But she had to get out of there. She had known.

The vampire cursed and said something about vervain things..? And advanced towards her with his fangs out, red veins covering his cheeks and eyes blood red. Before she could blink, he was right in front of her. As he was about to bury his fangs in her neck, she had done something she didn't even know she could...

She whooshed from front of him and came behind him and snapped his neck in the same lightning fast speed the vampire had advanced...

She didn't know what was going on but then she felt something in her mouth... Fangs... Those were fangs... With veins on her cheeks and eyes as dark as blood..

She rushed out of there and back home. She had used super speed because she hadn't cared. And that was a good call because as soon as she reached back, she no longer had her... Abilities.

She had panicked and thought that she was a vampire now. But she wasn't. Because it was morning now and she wasn't burning in the sun. Nor had she felt hungry. Nor could she move lightning fast...

She didn't realize what was wrong with her until she met someone else. Or more like, bumped..

It had been night. Not late but not early. She was walking back to her apartment when a woman smashed into her after coming out from an alley. She had taken a hold of her forearm to keep her balanced. But she didn't just take her forearm when she had done that... She took something else too..

A feeling like a power surging through your body ready to be commanded whenever you want it too. A feeling that overwhelmed you if you didn't take care of it. A feeling of pure power. Magic...

She then had realized that magic now coursed through her veins. She tried to move things to test it but ended making a whole bigger mess. She tried speaking words like "fire", "water", "fly", but nothing had worked. Only random things flew and broke. So she had run out of her abilities soon.

That night she had realized that she wasn't a vampire or a witch, she was just a person who could take the powers of said beings by just touching them..

Then she had started her research. Her real research. Not the one where she went online but the one where she went to a library.

She had been to several libraries searching for any books on ability replication. Anything hinting to anyone or thing in myth or anywhere that it might exist.... It didn't.

Then she went online. And surprisingly alot of research was available on these kinda people. It was mostly based on stories and TV shows but atleast she had some info. And her ability matched a lot of the traits these characters seemed to have.

And so, after months of research, she had finally found out that she wasn't normal. She was a supernatural with the ability of Power Mimicry..

She had tried to find if anyone else had this ability but she came up with nothing. Of course she hadn't been to the whole world but she had an intuition that she was only one with this. Or why else there wouldn't be more than a book of research on this? That also being mostly made up for TV shows.

She had then learned more about her powers. About what they could do. Who they could really affect. It's limits. Everything. And she wasn't disappointed.