You Are A Good Man

It was early morning and Izel had already woken up. Too scared to sleep for long. She decided as she was already awake, she would check the new monster they got.

She showered and changed into fresh clothes and headed towards the cells.

When she reached there, she saw MG standing as guard there.

She asked confused, "Why are you on guard duty?"

MG hesitated to answer.

"Oh c'mon, MG! Spill!" she prompted.

"So Hope doesn't get near him" MG replied pointing to the monster inside.

Izel looked confused and asked, "Why would you want to keep Hope away??" she asked.

"Not me. Dr. Saltzman" he replied.

"My question still stands" Izel simply replied.

"I don't know... I didn't have any classes so Dr. Saltzman told me to just stand here and ensure Hope doesn't sneak away from her classes and come near here. That's it" he replied.

"Hmm... Thanks for the info!" Izel said while turning back around but then added, "Also, sorry you're stuck in here!" she said as she walked off.

"Yea. It's alright" MG replied with a small smile to her retreating figure.

Izel then went towards Alaric's office to find out why Hope was being kept away from the Necromancer.

She entered without knocking and Alaric was sitting in his chair talking to someone on the phone. He said something to the person and hung up.

Before he could say anything, Izel spoke, "Why is Hope being kept away from the Necromancer?" she asked getting straight to the point.

Alaric looked surprised and shocked to say the least but he replied, "It is none of your concern. And you can't just barge in here ordering me to answer you when you didn't even tell me you were back or what happened"

"I'm back! And the Skinwalker's dead. There. Happy?" Izel replied with an attitude.

Then she added in a beat, "And either you tell me why she's being kept away or I'll find out myself"

"It was a minor inconvenience. I have it under control. It's nothing to worry about" Alaric answered dismissing the question.

"Okay. Fine" Izel replied and started walking out the door.

"By the way Izel, I'm sorry for not sending any backup" he suddenly added.

Izel was surprised to say the least but replied, "Yeah. No, we're good. I was fine anyways" she replied dismissing the apology.

Alaric nodded and Izel left the office.

_______

Izel then decided to finally meet their new jail guest because Hope was still in her classes.

As she was walking, she turned around a corner and ran into the twins. Literally. And knocked over a whole stack of books from Lizzie's hand.

"Are you kidding me! Watch it, power snatcher!" Lizzie hissed.

Josie gave her an apologetic smile for Lizzie.

Izel nodded, "Sorry" and mumbled and bent down to pick up the books she knocked over.

While handing her the books, Izel brushed her hands with Lizzie to take her abilities.

Lizzie practically snatched the books from Izel's hand and walked past her while bumping her shoulder with her on purpose.