It's Not Even Been 2 Days!

Not even 2 days have passed since the parasite disaster happened and now there is a squad tucked into a van. All Izel knows is that Alaric lost the Urn and now it's somewhere 6 hours of drive away. And whatever monster is after it, is causing mini plagues.

So here they are, tucked in a van, with Kaleb and Alaric in the front, Josie, Izel, Hope and Lizzie in the middle and Dorian and Emma in the back. And the van can hold 8 people, but it doesn't mean that it has to be comfortable.

Izel doesn't even know why she agreed. Oh probably because Alaric didn't give her a choice. Same with Kaleb. She feels bad for the both of them.

"Dr. Saltzman. This van is very.... White of you" Kaleb commented.

"It's a retro" Alaric replied with an eye roll.

"It's a gas gosling atrocity on wheels" Lizzie commented irritated.

"It's definitely not made to hold 8 people. Comfortably" Izel commented with an annoyed look herself.

Josie was listening to music on her earphones by the window beside her.

Hope then came up from fumbling into a bag, "I brought snacks!" she said while passing them around to Dorian and Emma.

"Ah. Sweet. Did you pack them before or after you managed to fomo your way onto our trip?" Lizzie asked sarcastically.

"Like I was gonna let you guys chase monsters without me?" Hope said in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh I would've thought you'd want to spend the break noodling with your hipster boyfriend" Lizzie replied

"Sorry I wanted to protect the outside world from my mistakes. You know, there's currently an Urn on the river cruz spreading plagues across America because I thought a unicorn was cute. It's called accountability. Maybe there's a reason for it" Hope replied with an attitude.

"Oof!" Kaleb commented.

"Damn" Izel commented.

"Or maybe you just wanted to ruin another Saltzman spring break" Lizzie replied with a scowl.

"When have I ever ruined a spring break??" Hope asked.

"Girls. We're gonna be in this classic automobile for 6 hours straight. So, no bickering" Alaric said from the front.

"Well it would help if it wasn't like a volcano erupted in here" Izel said trying to fan herself.

"I'm burning up too" Hope added trying to let some air into her clothes.

"You're burning up. How ironic" Lizzie commented with a scoff.

"What does that even mean??" Hope asked confused.

"Don't act dumb. I see you. I see right through you" Lizzie replied with a look.

"I don't know what you're talking about! What happened to being nice?!" Hope said.

"Over. Done. I'm getting back to the old me. I am who I am" Lizzie replied with a shrug.

"Once a bitch. Always a bitch" Izel muttered from her place.

Kaleb chuckled from the front.

Lizzie ignored them, "Right Josie?" she addressed Josie at the far end.

Josie didn't hear her.

"Josie?"

No reply.

"Josie!"

"Oh, sorry?" Josie asked taking out one of her earphones.

"Josie! You cannot leave me alone here with only her and her for company!" Lizzie said gesturing to Hope and Izel.