Girl Monster

"Hope... Mikaelson?" was all Izel could say.

"Yeah... Why?" Hope asked confused.

"Damn you got the Mikaelson genes on point" Izel muttered under her breath.

"What?" Hope asked not having heard what Izel said.

"Nothing" Izel denied so quick it was embarrassing.

"Well why don't you tell us something? Starting with who are you, what are you doing here? And why do you want the knife?!" Hope asked aggressively.

"Um.. Hope.. Calm down a bit.. Let me" the man beside her said putting his hand on her shoulder as a comforting gesture.

Hope just huffed out a breath and gestured for him to proceed.

"I'm sorry for the aggressive behavior but we haven't found a monster that talks yet so... Anyways, I'm Alaric Saltzman, the headmaster here. Who are you?" Alaric asked politely.

"Firstly, for the third time, I'm not a fucking monster! And secondly, my name is Izel Woods" Izel replied annoyed.

"You aren't a monster?" Alaric asked again.

"For god's sake! No!" Izel replied.

"Then why were you trying to steal the knife?" Hope interjected.

"I wasn't! I just wanted to see what it did" Izel replied giving half the truth.

"By jumping the school walls?" Hope added with raised brows.

"I! I....... Yeah I did that on purpose" Izel replied failing to come up with an excuse.

"You said you wanted to see what it did right? What's a vampire like you got to do with a magical knife from the 12th century?" Hope asked with a skeptical look.

Under her breath Izel muttered, "Wow... You Mikaelsons are really that skeptic about everything aren't you?"

"Can you stop talking to yourself I-" before Hope could finish, Izel's brain registered what Hope implied her to be and just blurted,

"Wait.. Vampire?"

Alaric replied instead, "Yes.. There was no way a werewolf or a witch could've bent the bars of that cell the way a vampire could"

"You are a vampire right?" Alaric added.

"Yeah... No... Kinda..." Izel replied. Wow. She is definitely making this worse.

"What does that mean?" Hope asked annoyed.

"Nothing. It means I'm gonna take this knife and be on my merry way" Izel completely changed the topic knowing she can't stall these people for too long before she would've have to spill her story so instead, she decided to get out of there.

"Do you really think we would be fools enough to let you leave? More so with that knife?" Hope said stopping Izel by putting her hand on her shoulder.

Izel smirked, grabbed Hope's hand to take it away, effectively replicating her powers, and turned around so Izel's back was facing the door now, and said,

"You just did" with her signature smirk and started walking backwards with the knife still in one hand till she was at the entrance of the door.

Hope seemed to sense something was going to happen so she went to cast a spell but Izel was faster. She said a quick advanced barrier spell that can only be taken down by her and locked Hope and Alaric in the headmaster's office.

With a smirk, she then called out, "See ya!" and went to get out of the school chuckling to herself.

_______