Chapter 1

Seven's POV

It's been six years since I've seen Rose. I often wonder what happened to her that night. I didn't know if she died or what. I was really worried, but I didn't push the issue. I graduated high school and went on to college. Now I'm in my last semester. Just five months from graduating. I was ready to get this shit over with.

I was rushing through campus because I was running late. Ashton had a nigga up until two this morning. She knew I had class at eight o'clock and the bitch turned off my alarm. I was so fucking pissed.

BAM!!!

I caught the figure in front of me to keep them from falling on their ass. "Damn, my fault shawty."

I looked up and it was her. True enough she's not 12 anymore, but I could never forget that face. Damn! She filled out perfectly. She had a body like Megan Thee Stallion; looks like Meghan Good; and some sexy as dimples like Lauren London.

"Rose?" I asked.

"Hey, Dominic," she said looking down at her feet.

At this point I said fuck my class. I had to catch up with her. I haven't seen her since that night.

"How have you been?" I asked.

"I'm good. It's been a long time." The whole time she talked, she looked down. She would never look up at me. I guess it's the effect of what happened to her.

"Rose, can I take you somewhere to talk?" I asked her. I sure hoped she would agree to talk to me. I waited what seemed like forever before she nodded her head in agreement.

I took her to one of my hotels. I knew Ashton would be all up my ass, but she would never check here. I had to know who hurt her that night. I vowed to myself that night that I would take care of whoever hurt the woman I was in love with.

Rose's POV

I was leaving campus headed to my apartment. I was done with my classes that day. I changed that night six years ago. When Dominic found me in that alley I had given up hope.

That next day, I woke up in the hospital. I was told by the doctor that so much damage was done to my body that they had to perform a hysterectomy on me. I was only 12; now I'll never be able to have babies.

That has haunted me for six years. I'm on fucking hormone pills and antidepressants for my anxiety. I hated myself. I would never know what it felt like to have a period. I would never know what it feels like to give birth to a healthy baby. And it's all because of that asshole Demarcus.

I was looking down at my phone when I ran into the hard body. "Damn, my fault shawty." That voice made me weak in the knees. I've dreamed about that voice every night for six years.

"Rose?"

"Hey, Dominic."

I wanted to look at him so bad, but since that night I haven't been able to look any man face in their face. I was afraid.

"Rose, can I take you somewhere to talk?" Dominic asked me.

Reluctantly, I agreed. I'm sure he's just interested in what happened that night. What I didn't know was how to tell him that his brother raped and beat me that night and caused so much damage that I can't have kids.

I followed him to his car, and we drove to SEVEN'S TOWERS. I've heard nice things about this place. It was beautiful.

"Good evening, Mr. Delgado," the lady behind the counter said.

He led me to some private elevators. He place his hand on the scanner and we went up. I was in awe. I guess he noticed because then he started laughing.

Once we stopped, the doors opened to the most beautifully lit living room. "Wow!" I said.

"Welcome to my apartment." I took my time to just look around. I walked over to the couch and took a seat. I was nervous. "Would you like something to drink?" He asked me.

"Water, please," I answered back. My mouth was extremely dry. He took off towards the kitchen. When I looked up, he was handing me a glass of ice water. I took it and immediately looked back down. "Thank you." I replied to him.

"You're welcome." All of a sudden we got quiet. It was Dominic that broke the silence. "I haven't seen you in six years. Are you really okay?"

"Yeah, I guess," I replied simply.

"Rose, please tell me what happened to you," he asked me.

I sighed. From beginning to the end, I went over what took place all those years ago. I was still struggling with it to this day. I intentionally left out the part who did it.

"Damn, you can't have children?" He asked me.

"Not unless I adopt." Tears filled my eyes. I always dreamed of have children. Watching my belly grow. Feeling their little movements inside of me. Holding them for the first time. It hurt me to know, I'll never be able to experience that.

"Rose, I gotta know who did this to you, ma," he said looking at me.

I kept my head down. "Look at me, Rose," Dominic said. With tears rolling down my checks, I looked him in his eyes. "Who was it?"

"Demarcus."