Chapter 13

Rose's POV

"Leave my key on the counter and get out." I was angry and I was done with Dominic. I didn't care if I ever saw him again.

Six weeks passed and Dominic was still calling, texting, and even coming by here. I ignored him as much as I could. The last time I heard from him was three days ago. He texted me and I just left him on read:

Hubby🥰😍❣️❤️: Baby I'm so sorry. I need to talk to you. Please just meet me at Tucker's Steakhouse at 7pm. Please.

I wasn't tryna hear shit he had to say, but curiosity killed the cat. I checked the time and it was 5:30. I took a shower and I slipped into I black body con skirt and a white crop top. I did my hair and makeup. I made sure I was looking extra cute right now. I wanted him to see just what he's been missing.

I pulled up at the steakhouse and got out. "I'm meeting Dominic Delgado," I told the waitress.

"Yes, ma'am. Right this way."

She led me to a table upstairs away from the other diners. "Mr. Delgado, your guest is here."

"Thanks, Amelia," he said and she walked away. "I'm so glad you came," he said to me.

"Almost didn't come, but I figured I should hear you out."

"Have a seat," he said.

"Nawl, I'm good. What's up?"

"Sit your ass down, Rose," he said sternly.

I rolled my eyes and sat down. "What the fuck you want, Seven?"

He stood up and came around the table. He got eye level with me and I saw his green eyes turn red.

He grabbed my face and squeezed it. "Don't you ever in your fucking life call me that shit again."

I snatched away from him. "You know what, Seven, I'm out. I don't even care what it is you gotta say."

I got up and was about to walk away. He grabbed me forcefully and I screamed. I had a flashback to when Demarcus grabbed me.

"Please don't hurt me," I cried. "I'm so sorry. Please Demarcus don't hurt me."

"Rose, it's me, baby," he said. He pulled me in for a hug and I just froze. "Jasmine, check please and make our order to go." He kisses my neck. "Baby, lets just go. I'll have someone bring your car home."

Once we were at my house, he used his keys to open the door. I could have sworn this nigga gave me my key back.

"You really thought I wouldn't keep a spare key for times like this," he laughed. We went inside and went to my bedroom. "Come in let's get undressed."

I sat on my bed while he went to my dresser and pulled out this black and red teddy lingerie. "Can you go shower and put this on?" His voice was back and his eyes were green again. I was now afraid again. I didn't wanna upset him anymore so I just did what he told me to do.

After I showered, I stood in the bathroom and wrapped my head around what was going on. I have now become deathly afraid of this man. What was I supposed to do? How was I supposed to go back to what we used to be?

I got dressed and walked back into the room. Dominic was sitting on the bed, still fully dressed. I stood at the end of the bed and just looked at him. I was curious to know what was going on in his head.

"You look beautiful," he said to me. "I just wanna talk to you."

"I'm listening," I told him.

"Look, Ma, I'm sorry. I know that shit with Ashton was fucked up. No, I didn't kill her, but she's not here anymore. I shipped her off and told her if she tried to contact anybody here again, I'll kill her. I'm the only one that knows where she is. She hasn't even contacted her mom or dad. I took care of it."

"Why didn't you kill her like you did Demarcus? You said you would handle anybody that fucked me over. What happened to that? You know what....it's cool. I didn't expect for your feelings towards her to change overnight. I'm good though. Thanks for apologizing."

I tried to walk past him, but he stuck his arm out and grabbed me by my waist. He pulled me close to him. "I love you, Rose," he whispered in my ear. "Baby, you know I miss you, and you know I never meant to hurt you. I love you."

Against my better judgement, I melted into his arms. He did make me feel things that no other man could. Lord knows I love him just as much as he claimed he loved me. I've been in love with Dominic since I was 12 years old. Here I am almost 20 and my feelings for him has not changed.

"I love you too, Dominic. I just don't wanna be hurt. You know how fucked up my mind is. You know how damaged I am."

"Look at me, Ma," he said. I turned and faced him. "I know what you're going through. I fucked up, and I'm so sorry. Whatever I gotta do, I'll do for you."

I knew I wouldn't be able to resist this man. Like I said, I loved him beyond words. I knew what I was getting myself into. I wanted him so bad.