I like me better when I'm with you

Bora was in her family's house. She was using her old room. This made her feel nostalgic and drowning her in her own memories. It was a guests room now. All her posters were at her apartment that she shared with Haneul and the now white wall used to be light pink as it used to be her favorite color. She smiled at the view outside the window, the only thing that remained the same after she moved out. It's been over two years now that she's living in the center of Seoul.

Her mom walked into her room with a serious look. Bora raised an eyebrow at her. Her mom wasn't usually serious. She is a bubbly person and she is always bright so this was unusual.

"Bora baby," her mom said "Haneul called. She said you're not talking to her and she wants to apologize about something and talk to you. Don't worry I'll not bother you." Bora didn't speak, she just rolled her eyes at her mom and waved her to leave, like she always does with her mom.

Bora isn't that type of person that changes her mind easily. She's really stubborn and that makes it hard to befriend. Haneul was always by her side but Bora being Bora never cared deeply. She just had Haneul as someone to keep her company because that's how she is, kind of the opposite of her beloved mother.

Her mom knocked on the door again and didn't wait for her to answer. She gave Bora the phone and said "Calling Haneul. Please talk to her"

Bora wanted to talk to her. She was her only company. But her defence was now closing her inside herself. She didn't know what to say to Haneul nor what to do. As much as she loved her Bora was going back into her spiral of loneliness and being alone made her want to stay alone.

When they were young Haneul was the one helping her to open up. She couldn't do it alone. Now that she was alone she felt like this was right. But it wasn't. That's why she took a deep breath and waited for Haneul to pick up her cellphone.

"Hello Bora..." said Haneul from the other line.

"H-hi," Bora said with her voice shaking "I'm sorry... I-I heard you wanted to talk to me..?" she hesitated.

"Oh you can't imagine how much I missed you, buddy," said Haneul "I wanted to tell you that I spoke with Jae about the whole thing... He told me that if we break up and it's because of you he won't talk to you ever. I know I sound annoying Bora but I'm sure he won't change his mind. I work in SM now. Remember? It was my dream... "

By now Bora was crying for making her best friend live like that. Guilt was choking her but she swallowed it easily as she used to do when she was younger. She felt bad but at the same time good. She liked this distance. But she let Haneul continue.

" I'll break up with him okay? But for work. He's next to me you know..? We are in the dance practice room. I wish you could have been there today it was my first day of work. Don't worry I know you're listening to me. I know you. Please come... I need you as my friend and to help me with the rent. Okay? I'll be waiting for you. " She said.

Bora said an airy yes and that was enough for Haneul to smile and hung up.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes looking at Haneul. "You really are ending this here?" Haneul nod "You know Jae I signed a contract and I read the terms." Jaehyun looked at her as if she was alien. "Yeah I do read terms sometimes," she said "and dating you is off-limits. Later maybe. So...

Please leave..." She said. "I'll see you tonight in the dorm"

"Why now Haneul?" he said with his voice cracking "why not when you first announced that you'll be working with us? And also I can't leave we have work"

Haneul looked at the ground. "Jae... baby... It wasn't a good time. You know I like you. I really do. Just give me time to make manager-nim okay with it." She said and looked him in the eyes smiling.

"Now can you dance for me so I can study your movement to find good clothes for you?" she asked once again.

They went to the dance practice room after hearing their title track and talking to the manager. He told Haneul to start to prepare the members outfits. She'll be in charge of this comebacks outfits. The other stylists will follow her orders.

She pressed the play button and the music began. Cherry bomb was playing loudly from the speakers. It was the best song to see every flexibility Jaehyun had. When he finished she clapped. They acted as nothing had happened between them.

"Okay now Jae do you know the choreography of Baby don't stop?" she asked

"Yeah why though?" he asked. "It's a weird dance so I want to see your way of moving... and don't make it sexual. So before we begin... Take your shirt off." She said.

It was a good idea to see his movement to match it with his clothes but it wasn't healthy. Jaehyun's body was fit (absssss) and in the dim light of the dance practice room, he looked extremely hot. The only light the room had was from outside as they chose not to open the light because it wasn't necessary.

The music began and Jaehyun started dancing. That was the moment that Haneul regretted her choice. Jaehyun wasn't the best dancer but he was amazing. He moved easily around. The choreography had a lot of bodyrolls making Haneul get distracted. She studied his movement blushing lightly at the same time.

When the dance was over Jaehyun's sweat was shining against the sunlight. Haneul looked at his face not to be rude. Jaehyun noticed and chuckled. He didn't bother to put his shirt back on. Instead he just walked slowly towards Haneul.

"Haneul-ah" he said sitting next to her "I like me better when I'm with you".

This made Haneul become red. She shook her head. "Jae how many times do I have to tell you this is not the right time. Stop chacing me it's weird. I won't go anywhere."

Jaehyun shook his head "I can't stay away". This made Haneul giggle. "I never said stay away. Let's just stick to coworkers, okay?" she said and he nodded while saying "You'll still be sleeping in my bed every night."

Haneul slightly blushed once more "That's... okay you have a pillow big enough to separate-" but Jaehyun cut her off "I use it to hug it sorry boo" he said sassily pouting his hands around her shoulders with a smug smile.

__

This was a long cheaper lol

I worked really hard to get it were it is. I don't know how many times I rewrote it because I felt like I was focusing too much at Haneul and Jaehyun because this isn't only about them.

Anyway I talk too much haha

Hope you like it

Don't forget to comment and vote

Eleni