2

Kiara's Point of View
I had just finished my last lecture of the day and I was walking off campus making my way home. As I was approaching the bus stop, someone grabbed me by the arm stopping me and I was ready to cuss whoever it was.

I turned to see who it was and calmed myself when I saw Jesse, one of Chelsea's many exes. "Can I help you?" I asked as I snatched my arm back.

"What's with the attitude?" Jesse replied frowning.

"I'm tired and I wanna go home so why did you stop me? Make it quick I've got a bus to catch." I said crossing my arms ready for whatever he had to say.

"Chelsea"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Listen, she's got a new man now so if she's not returning your calls that's why" I said and then I immediately began to walk away. He stopped me again and I started to get very annoyed.

"Come on Kiara, can't you just talk to her for me?" He pleaded.
"No. It's your problem, deal with it yourself" I replied kissing my teeth at him and this time successfully walking away to the bus stop.

Jesse and Chelsea were together throughout the summer holidays. I wouldn't say they were in a serious relationship, more like a fling. They were fucking each other and he would take her out but Chelsea was not loyal and slept with other guys.

It's virtually impossible to talk to any boy because Chelsea has either had sex or had a relationship with them. I don't want to call my friend a hoe but let's just say she's known.

********

I walked into my house and took off my shoes in the porch. Ever since I was a child, my mum has had this strict rule of no shoes in the house. If she sees you with them on, she goes mental.

My throat was dry so I took a bottle of water out of the fridge and drank some. I went into the living room and saw my dad watching Sky Sports on the Tv, it's all he watches.

"Hi dad!" I said sitting beside him.
"Why do I feel like I've not seen you in days?" He asked me giving me a side hug.
"Because you haven't"

My mum and dad work a lot. My mum is a psychiatrist which means she spends a lot of time with her patients and my dad is a surgeon so he's always in the hospital.

They've worked hard to get to where they are in their careers. Me and my sister Tia have had a good childhood and upbringing because of this. My parents inspired me to want to work in the health sector and become a pharmacologist.

I was sick of watching boring Sky Sports so I put on Netflix instead. My dad had fallen asleep so I took the opportunity. Whenever he's in the living room, he has control over the Tv. Whatever he's watching, the whole family watches.

********

I was relaxing in the conservatory of the house eating salt and vinegar crisps. It was winter time meaning it got dark earlier and my dad had some LED lights fitted so the conservatory looked really nice at night. They changed colours and you can put them on different settings.

My mum texted me saying she needed me to do food shopping for the house. I didn't want to go out in this cold weather but the fridge was looking empty.

I texted her back confirming I would and she transferred me money. I went to my room and threw on some black joggers and a hoodie with Nike running shoes.

I took my dads car keys and drove to Asda. He doesn't like me using his car because he thinks I'm going to crash it but, there was no way I was getting on public transport with bags of shopping or paying for a taxi. I've told my dad I want a car for my 19th birthday so hopefully he gets me one.

I got a trolley and started putting things that we needed inside it such as bread and eggs. I got some snacks too. Twix chocolate for me and chocolate Bueno for my sister Tia.

I paid for everything at the till and pushed the trolley onto the parking lot. I opened the car boot and began putting the bags inside. My hands were cold so I was trying to be as quick as possible.

A black Range Rover pulled up into the parking lot and parked 2 spaces from me so they were close. The person was playing music loudly and the windows were blacked out so I couldn't see inside. The car doors opened and 4 guys came out.

"Bro I want a pot noodle!" One of the guys said.
"That's all you eat Demz and it ain't even nice" Another guy said. This one particularly stood out and he looked like the leader of the group. I could tell he was definitely a roadman and he bangs fraud by the way he was dressed. Nike tech tracksuit, Canada Goose coat and a Gucci pouch.

He noticed that I was looking at him and I turned away continuing putting the rest of the shopping in the car boot. I felt someone approach me and I turned to see the guy I was looking at.

My heart started beating faster. This guy was good looking and very attractive. I felt nervous all of a sudden and he hadn't even spoken.
"Excuse me, could I use this trolley? Here's £10 as I ain't got no change" He said holding out the note.

"It's okay, just take the trolley" I replied not wanting to take money from him.

"Are you sure?" He said raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, it's only one pound" I said pushing the trolley to him.

"Sweet, thank you-" He replied wanting me to tell him my name.

"Kiara"

"I'm Jermaine" He said flashing his perfect teeth. I bit my lip a little bit analysing his face, he was so beautiful.

"Jermaine hurry the fuck up!" One of his friends hollered.

"I gotta go, my guys are inpatient" He said shaking his head. "I'll see you around Kiara" He added and walked away smirking.

I shut the boot and got into my dads car. I sat there for a minute thinking about him and then began driving home.

********

I was in bed and I thought about Jermaine again.

I feel like I'd seen him somewhere before as his face looked very familiar. I went on Byrons Instagram page and scrolled through his pictures.

I tapped on one and there Jermaine was with Byron and another person. I even liked the picture.

I knew I'd seen him before.

Byron had tagged him and I decided to stalk him a little. His profile was on open and I scrolled through his posts. As I was scrolling, I accidentally liked one of his pictures and then unliked it quickly. The picture was posted 3 months ago. "Shit" I said to myself.

I didn't know if it would still send a notification or not and that just gave me anxiety.

I just locked my phone and went to sleep because it is all I could do after that to ease my worrying mind.