12

Kiara was walking back home from Tesco because her mum had asked her to pick up a few things as she was at work. She arrived home safely and entered taking her shoes off in the porch. She walked into the living room and saw Zion sat on the couch using his phone. He looked up when he noticed her, "Kiara" he said smiling as he was glad to see her and be in her presence.

"Zion...what are you doing here?" Kiara replied not expecting to see him.

He was about to reply but Tia walked in from the kitchen interrupting "Look who's here sis! I was trying to call you" she said sipping her drink.

"My phone died" Kiara informed her.

She placed the shopping bag on the kitchen counter and began putting all the items away. Kiara's heart was beating fast as she was anxious. This is something that Zion would do though, show up unexpectedly. He loves to make an entrance.

She went back into the living room to see Tia and Zion bantering. "Tia can you let me and Zion talk?"

"Talk then" Tia replied crossing her arms and folding her legs cheekily.

"Alone" she replied glaring at her younger sister indicating for her to leave.

"Fine" Tia replied rolling her eyes and she left the living room to go upstairs.

Zion looked at her seductively admiring every inch of Kiara from head to toe as she stood in front of him. This gave her butterflies and she tried to look away. He would always make her weak at the knees and years later he still has that affect in her.

"Did my sister interrogate you?" Kiara asked starting a conversation.

"Yeah, but I held my own" he replied
chuckling.

"I've missed you" Zion added.

"Now you miss me? After you left without an explanation" Kiara said sitting down next to him.

"That's why I'm here, to tell you"

"Go ahead"

Zion explained that 4 years ago, his dad got charged for armed robbery and attempted murder so him and his family had to move away from London as their lives were put at risk. They had to start a new life in a different country which meant cutting all ties with everybody they knew including Kiara.

"I wanted to call you so many times but I couldn't. Me taking your virginity and then leaving you in the dark like that wasn't my intention. All the shit with my dad happened right after, it was just bad timing. You know I wouldn't do you like that" He said touching her thigh sending tingles throughout Kiara's body.

She shuffled in her seat trying to not get aroused by his touch but was already turned on by him just looking at her.

"So you're back now?" She managed to say.

"My mum and sister are still in Germany but I've moved back to London. Got myself an apartment and paid internship as a data analyst"

"I wish I knew all of this back then!" Kiara said chuckling as she felt a weight lift off her chest. For years, she felt as though she made Zion leave or that she wasn't enough for him when that wasn't the case.

"Listen Kay, I wanna pick up where we left off. I've thought about you everyday since I had to leave and what we could have been. No other girl has made me feel the way you do" He said looking into her eyes. Him calling her Kay made her feel nostalgia as that's his nickname for her.

"What about that girl you was with at the Shard?" Kiara questioned him.

"Nerise? She doesn't mean shit to me" Zion replied kissing his teeth.