19

Kiara's Point of View
I was in my seminar and we were doing group work on immunology. I prefer seminars over lectures because theres less people and I don't fall asleep.

However, my mind was elsewhere and I was finding it difficult to focus on the task we were doing.

I just sat there staring at the ground and I couldn't hear anything around me. I was able to drown out the noise when I really focused on something.

"Kiara!" Someone yelled and clapped their hands in my face snapping me out my trance, Regina of course.

"Shit, sorry did I miss something?" I said picking up my pen quickly ready to write.

I hadn't written anything since the seminar began. The page I had opened in my notebook was empty.

"It's the end of the lesson babe." Regina said chuckling.

I looked around and everyone was packing up their stuff and leaving the room. I closed my notebook and placed it in my backpack then me and Regina left.

We were walking to Starbucks as I needed a coffee to increase my energy.

I felt so unmotivated and lazy, I forced myself to attend uni today but the Lord knows all I wanted to do was stay in bed, eat vanilla ice cream and watch films on Netflix.

Thank God this was my last week of uni before I break up for the summer holidays.

"Kiara what's up with you? It's like you were in a different world in that seminar." Regina asked me as we waited in the queue.

"Nothing, I'm just tired." I said not wanting to answer her question.

I was tired but that's not the main reason.

I missed Jermaine like crazy! It's been a week and a half since I saw him which may not seem long but it is for us because we see each other almost everyday.

I think I'm love sick which is why I've been feeling like this for the past couple days.

Don't get it twisted though, I don't love him yet.

I've been ignoring him of course because I had to show him that he can't disrespect me and think I'll forgive him instantly.

It doesn't work like that.

I've already forgiven him but he's not showing me that he's sorry so until then, I'll continue to ignore and avoid him.

"Could I have a tall cappucino and croissant please?" I said going into my backpack trying to find my purse, I had a ten pound note in there.

"That'll be £4.70 please." The cashier lady said.

"Keep the change." Someone said paying for my stuff and I looked up to see him.

Jermaine.

A look of disgust appeared on my face and I closed my bag putting it on my back ready to leave the shop just to get away from him but I wanted my coffee and snack.

He must have remembered that on Tuesdays, I only have one seminar in the morning and waited for me.

"Go away Jermaine, I don't wanna see you and I've made that very clear." I said waiting for my stuff and avoiding eye contact with him.