Where's the spider?

Dani POV

After the war between humanity and Legion ended, Grace and I lived in Carl's old cabin in the woods. It is not big, one queen sized bedroom, small living room, small kitchen and the whole basement is full of weapons. It's cute and fits us just fine even if Grace have to bend down a little bit at some area. He gave us the cabin for us to stay because it is the safest place to stay low while he's going back to find his family and Sarah's keeps on her journey. They both promise to always  keeping tab on us and will come to visit once a while.

Grace have been fully recovered from her wounds  during the fight. I took care of her for the past 2 months and now she thinks that she doesn't need to be taken care of and we had some fight here and there often. I am a grown up woman and already face the terminator and survived, of course I can take care of one person. I've been took care of papi and Diego since I was 10 so, taking care of Grace, just a piece of cake.

Grace POV

Now that I am fully recovered, thanks to Dani who  is taking a good care of me. I got my strength back and the wounds  are healing. It's time to take care of Dani and start training her for future but it seems like a little bit hard these days. We fight often but make up not long after. She is the stubborn commander. Just like today, she's sneaking out to buy some grocery. Not that I  mad at her about that but I mad at her because she's going out alone while I showed and not telling me. And here we go again, another fight.

"Where have you been?" She put the bags down.

"I went to buy some groceries." Not looking at me.

"Why I don't know?"

"Because I'm not telling you..." she's answer me like 'duh' tone.

"Why is that?"

"Because you're in the shower..." again, cold answer.

"Couldn't you at least tell me where are you going?"

"I just went out for 40 minutes to get us some food. You don't have to be mad about it!"

"I am mad. You not telling me, what if something happen and I don't know. I thought I clearly said that if something happen to you, everybody dies! I mean what I said Dani!"

"That was before, now that the Rev-9 is actually dead, nothing is going to happen...!"

"They send one, what makes you think they will not send another? Dani, you are my mission and I have to protect you until my last breath!"

"It's been two months Grace... I know you're still in trauma but nothing happened. I just bought the grocery and will make you a soup so you'll feel better. Looks like you don't trust me..." she looks down and her voice slow down. I do feel bad.

"Dani, it's not about trust. Of course I trust you. I trust you more that myself. It's just..."

"Whatever, save it." She's going somewhere.

"Where are you going?"

"What? A girl can't go to her room and and cry now?!" She stop in the middle of the track "you sleep outside tonight."

I let out a long and loud sigh "uurrgghhhhhhhhh..."

10 minutes later, I hear her scream. Just a short one so, she's not in danger. I slowly open the door and see her standing above the chair. Her face is terrified but she's covering it when I move further into the room. Her eyes were scanning around like searching for something.

"What happened?" I slowly ask.

"Nothing. I like to stand up like this when I'm mad."

"Cut the crap, where's the spider?"

"I don't know... why do you think I'm standing above the chair for fun?"

"You know spider can climb right?"

"So? It still can be anywhere around the floor.."

Looks like she's not giving up and I mess around her. It's a rare situation when you can fool your commander. I think she's so funny before the future and cute too.

"Dani, its not on the floor..."

"Where? Where is it?! Grace, where is it?!" She's looking around below her feet.

"Behind you."

It's not what I expected. I thought she'll might've just get down from that chair and run but, she screaming and jump into me instead.

"Guess I'm not sleeping outside tonight..." holding her bridal style.

"Get rid of it first..." she's move to get down and straighten her hair. "And I still mad at you." She walks out off the room.

"Yes ma'am!" I laugh and throw the spider outside.

"Don't laugh if you don't wanna sleep outside tonight..!" I can hear she babbling in Spanish that I don't really understand but I don't mind.

Only if she knows that the main reason I came back here because of her. I don't trust anyone that she's selected to send back here to protect her because it will be just a mission to them. Not me, it's not just a mission, it's beyond that. No one else love her like I do. To others, it will be their mission but to me is to save my world. She is my world and I will do anything and the best I can to keep her alive and one piece.

...The end...