Waterfall is okay...

Grace POV

I was in the basement cleaning and checking the weapons that Carl left for us when Dani's calling me. She only calls me once because she knows that I can clearly hear her voice.

"Grace... Breakfast is ready... Come up here before it gets cold..."

I walking up to the dining table in the corner of the cabin and the table is definitely full of food.

"Buenos dias Gracie...!"

"Morning..."

"In Spanish Grace..."

"Bueno... dios..."

"BuenoS diAS Grace... Bueno Dias... You said it everyday now and how are you still suck at it..?" Dani laughs and put a plate in front of me.

"And you're also training 5 hours a day for combat and stamina but you also still suck at it..." I smirk at her.

"Fair enough... Eat up Grace..."

"Are you getting me fat? Why'd you cooked so much for breakfast?"

"I have a good mood maybe, but left some for Katie and Charlie... They'll be coming in an hour..."

"So we will have some company everyday now? That girl and boy seem like to come over here often lately. They must like you a lot."

"Often, but not everyday... they will come here for an hour or a little bit more and I will be teaching them how to read and write... To be honest, they like you too Grace. Especially Charlie."

"Really? Why? I didn't do anything..."

"You did taught him how to dip his cookies... I don't know, he just did. Everytime you're not around or knock yourself down the basement, he will always ask where his 'eeiraff' at..?"

"That boy really need to stop calling me giraffe though.."

"Then you need to starts calling him by his name... Grace, I think he's lonely. I mean, he is the only boy in his family and his crap father not always around. He needs a friend too, a guy type of friend I mean."

"I'm no..." she cuts my words

"I know you're not a guy but you are to him. He sees you as his role model or something. Maybe someone who can defend him. Grace, I've been the only girl in the family after my mother died and I know how its feel."

"What do you want me to do? I can handle if you want me to train some soldiers but, I have zero knowledge about kids, how I can be his mentor?"

"Just be his friend... Do what you guys do... teach him how to kick a ball, teach him how to be such a gentleman like you, teach him how to treat his booboo.."

"What's a booboo?" She laughs at my question.

"This is booboo before it became scars..." she trace her finger on my arm. I get it now.

"Fine... I'll try but, he also need to lear...." she cuts me again.

"Nuh uh... No combat or martial arts for him... Let him enjoy his kids life before future can take it from him..."

"Fine..." I continue to stuffs my mouth with her delicious food and she's staring at me. "What is it..?"

"Okay, actually, uhhh..."

"Dani... What is it...?"

"Can we, uhhh... Can we skip training for today...? Just for today... Please..."

"Dani..."

"Por favor... Please Grace..."

"Si..."

"It is just for today. We've been training for a month now, a day off is not a big deal. My body needs rest too... Plea..."

I cuts her words this time. "I said Si... Yes Dani, we can have a day off today. I've been thinking about that last week. We need to set up schedule for your training. Perhaps four or five days a week."

"Really? Thank you!! Here, eat more of this..." she puts another bacons on my plate.

"Wait a minute... So, all these food, the good mood, the buenos dias... Are you bribing me?"

"Kind of... Is it working?"

"I can't believe you..."

"I take that compliment... thank you..." we laugh a little.

"So, what is it your plan?"

"How do you know I've planned something?"

"You wanna skip training and willing to cook too many dish just for breakfast..."

"I might as well just love you.."

"Dani..." I look at her to tell the truth.

"I really wanna go picnic. Maybe to the beach or waterfall around here..."

"Beach is too risky. Waterfall is okay I guess..."

"Waterfall is fine for me... I just want to get out of this box and take some air..." I didn't say anything and just smile at her. A minute later, we hear footsteps and laughter from outside.

Dani holds my hand "Stay this time.. I'm with you.."

"Okay..." here comes the owner of the laughter. They come running and hugs Dani in the living room.

"Buenos dias Dani...!!" Katie said while Charlie is still slurring his words "buno ias Dani..."

Dani laughs and hugs them. "Good one Katie.. Awww Charlie, your pronoun are much better than Grace sweetie.."

"Eeiraffe? Is she here?"

"She is... Grace, come here..."

"Hey boy..."

"Yeaaaa eeiraffe...!" I just glare at Dani.

"Well, better than what's Sarah called you, tin can..." she pull Katie to the table and eat and Charlie is pulling my pants. We all sit around the table and Charlie is climbing up my leg and I lift him up.

"See, you're getting use to it."

"He's too little to reach the food, actually..." while we're eating, I hear something from outside and I turn to face Dani. Her face changes as well but she doesn't want to be panic in front of the kids.

"What is it Grace?"

"I heard something."

"Is it...?"

"No... Stay here with them, I'll go check..."

"Charlie, come here sweetie.." Dani takes Charlie.

I look at the cctv monitor but everything seems to be fine. I go outside and see nothing but Katie's bicycle and a basket. A basket? I open the basket and just like what I expected.

"So you're the other one huh? Dani must not letting you go later." The baby is giggling. How to pick a baby up again? Nevermind, I just pick her up and walks back inside.

"Guys, care to explain who is this little human?" I hold the baby horizontal on my right rib and the three of them looks at me. Charlie gets down from Dani's lap.

"Oops... That Ally..." Katie said and Dani walks up to me and takes the baby.

"Grace, that's not how to hold a baby... dámela antes de que la dejes caer (give her to me before you drop her down)."

"Sorry we forgot you Ally..." Katie said.

I turn to whisper at Dani. "Now, I do not trust her if she's the one protecting you..." Dani smiles and I put my hand on her back to let her go first. Dani is so happy right now with the kids but it didn't last long because Katie said they need ro be at home before midday. I have to tell Dani that we will go meet baby Ally soon and as much as we cam in between her training schedule. Sarah will be coming this Thanksgiving and that 4 month away. She have to show some improvement.

Later that evening, just like I promise her, I take her to the waterfall nearby and she looks so happy to be finally out of that cabin and we definitely have fun tonight.