Bodyguard (pt.1)

Dani POV

"No. No. No. No... I don't need any babysitter anymore Papi." I stand up from my chair in my father's office.

"Dani, we've talk about this. I don't want any more harm happen to you. Don't you remember what happened to you last time? Don't you scared?"

"I am not a little girl anymore papi..."

"But you are my little girl. And you are the only one left that I have Dani..."

"I can take care of myself..."

"We don't know what the future holds Dani.. I don't want the history repeating itself like what happened to your brother years ago. Every single day, I regret for not doing something to protect him."

"Fine... but if he just like the rest, I don't want him..."

"Trust me honey, I know the guy in the agency. You will not regret it. I already arrange for the official meeting tomorrow."

"What?!"

Grace POV

"Hey, hey... I've got a great deal..." Mike's come running with his tablet.

"I've have a doorbell." I slowing down my pace on the treadmill.

"I have your keys..."

"For emergency."

"Come on Grace, don't be so cold... I've got a great deal for you. Cheer up a little bit..."

"Who's guy's ass need protection from dealing with dark marketing? You know that I don't like protecting the bad guys."

"That is one time Grace. I don't even know what's his business is but this time I am sure that you'll be looking at her ass."

I stopping the treadmill and grab my water bottle. Something caught my attention. "Her?"

"You heard me. Her. You are protecting her this time. My late father's cousin friend daughter, Daniella Ramos." He's smiling.

"Spanish? Does her father dealing with drugs?"

"No, no. Science tech. Currently Mr. Ramos is creating some nano technology and cure for any viruses that haven't had cure yet but he's 80% to get it."

"Aids?"

"Aids, HIV, stage four cancer... I don't know, he's the scientist. His son, Diego died years ago. Planned car crash. His wife died due to breast cancer 12 years ago. That's why he is trying to figure out the cure. Just look at their profiles." He gave me his tablet.

"Daniella Marie Ramos. Twenty two, biologists. Two times survived the killing attempts. She survived two killing attempts with previous bodyguards, why hire a new one?"

"Actually, you're the 19th."

"What happened to the last bodyguards..?"

"She just hates them. The last guy was trying to get into her pants. The rests are confidential. Come on Grace. Just accept this opportunity. You know law enforcement and criminal justice more than anyone and this is a high profile case. 100 dollars/hour. 2,400 a day, 16,800 a week, total 70,000 dollars a month with bonus."

I sigh. "Okay..."

"Great! You'll fly tonight. Hotel already reserved  and meeting will be tomorrow morning at 10am, his office."

"What?!"

"See you when you're on leave! Have fun Grace! Try not to get your ass fired!" He running away.

"You're lucky I don't fire you!" I look at my phone, all of the information already sent to me and go to get ready and packing.

Dani POV
The next day

"Papi, is this necessary?"

"Dani..."

"Yeah, yeah for safety..."

"Dani, this is the 19th bodyguard. Be nice, I don't know where else to find after this."

"No promises." There's the knock on the door.

"Come in." My father look at the door and Rita comes in.

"Mr. Ramos, the bodyguard is here..."

"Great... Come in..." he smiling big and I still sit on the chair, not looking.

"Grace Harper, Close Protection Operatives. Pleasure to meet you Mr. Ramos."

I see my father shaking hands with the woman. Maybe she is the agent but no one else in the room. A woman? Papi's taking this on a new level. Blonde, bowl haircut, way taller than me and have some scars at the back of her palm. I can't see more because she's wearing a suit.

"Please, it's nice to finally meet you Ms. Harper. I'm sorry for the such short notice but I can't wait any longer knowing my only daughter wondering around alone."

"That's no problem at all Mr. Ramos..."

"Very well. Speaking of my daughter, here she is. She's tiny but not her stubbornness."

"Daniella." I tell my name, she just nod and give me a little smile.

My father explain something to her that I'm too bored to hear. "So, now you can pack your things, check out from the hotel right away. I know that I ask too much that you're need to be around all the time but she's been receiving a few threats lately."

"How do you know about that threats? You didn't! You went through my email... Papi, you've promised!" Great, now I have to create another account.

"If I didn't, I did not know that you've been receiving threats Dani... Please Dani, just until this is all over, my research success, you are free... I can't protect you alone, that's why she's here..."

"Fine..." I surrender.

"We can discuss more about your salary Ms. Harper."

"No, I mean my current salary is fine. You're already paying me more than I ever received."

"Great, I just want the best for my daughter. If you're needing anything, please, don't hesitate to ask and tell me."

"I will."

"Thank you... So, your room will be next to Dani's and already prepared."

Next to mine? "What?!"

My father continues "I believe she have a lot of free time today to show you around."

Today? "What? Today?"

"Si Dani..." my father said.

"Right now?"

"Si Dani..."

"Don't you have something else to do like signing the agreement or looking around the city or..." I look at her.

My father cuts my words "Dani.... okay maybe after you show her the house and your lab, you can take her to see the city but her work is starting from today..."

"Alright... Alright... Come on statue of liberty..." i get up and walking towards the door.

My father call and held her hand to whisper something. "Ms. Harper, I'm sorry for her behavior. She's hurt and loss a lot but she'll open up to you."

"Please, just call me Grace. Don't worry, it's kind of my job. Not everyone likes to be follow around with a stranger. I will keep her safe, and that's it Mr. Ramos..."

"Thank you again, Grace..."

To be continue...