Strip it down

Grace POV

Next week will be a year since the dark fate event which also means that it is almost a year that I met Dani. Carl and Sarah went to their own ways but we keeping on contact each other at least once a month. Last time we gathered together was three months ago, here, at Carl's old cabin. Not the one he used to stay with his family. 

I want to make it a little bit special for Dani this time because she had been through a lot and doesn't celebrate anything for last year. Not her birthday, thanksgiving, Christmas or any other celebration because we're too focused on surviving, training and some downtime emotional trauma. Now, since she seems like getting stronger, stable, better and our relationship is growing each day, why not to put some more smiles on her pretty little face. The plan is I will take Dani to dinner somewhere in town and spend a night out of this cabin.

To be honest, I never take anyone out. All my life was about survival and war against metals. That's why I'm calling for help.

"It's only been 16 days since the last time we contacted."

"Carl, I need your help..."

"A terminator?"

"A date..."

"A date? I can't really understand what are you trying to ask. I can't estimate or have a specific date to tell you when is the next terminator will be here but I can be ready for its arrival. You and Dani should too."

"No, Carl. Not that date, in fact we're always ready. It's a bring your love ones out to dinner kind of date. You know, spend a happy time together just eat and talk all night, just like you and Alicia..."

"Now I understand. What do you need me to help with?"

"Well, since you're more familiar with this area, can you make a dinner and hotel reservation for us somewhere in the small town? Somewhere safe."

"I can arrange that for you. So, my calculation, the date is next week?"

"How do you know that?"

"It's been a year Grace. Consider everything is done. Tomorrow morning, I need you to go to town to meet one of my friend named Michael."

"For what?"

"I don't think you want to take Dani out on a date wearing a tank top or bulletproof vest. You need to be clean and decent. Michael will be helping you, pick up a suit for you and one for Dani. Choose anything you like, bills on me but on one condition."

"What is it?"

"Do not bring Dani."

"You know that I will never leave her more than 2 miles right...?"

"I know and I mean it. I might be a machine but I know how to swoon a girl. You can surprise her Grace. What ever makes her happy, it also makes you happy. She survived  a terminator, she will survive 2 hours without you."

"Alright, fine... Thank you Carl, I appreciate it."

"One more thing Grace... You might wanna check the Cadillac.. it's 85% done but you can finish it. Feel free to use it. It's also bulletproof mirror."

"Really?! Thank you so much.. I just gotta start working on it now.." I hung up once I hear Dani is done with her shower.

"Who is it Grace? Is it Sarah?"

"No, it's Carl... Matteo's new dog accidentally pressed his paw and called us."

The week had passed and tonight I will take Dani to dinner. I already packed everything that we might need like a few weapons, emergency supplies, water bottles, my medicine and some shirts and put it in the car.