Bodyguard (pt: 3)

Dani POV

I watch outside of my 'playground' window and see Grace is wandering around the front gate. God's knows what is she doing. It's been almost a month, nothing happen, papi just wasting his money on her. Well, not her. Her agency, that pays her salary, whatever... You know what I mean. She's fine and all but, she a little too much assertive and decisive at some point.

I look back on my table about my research. "It's going nowhere near done right, plants? Yup, I need a distraction, free my mind." I have an idea. "Hey Steve, what are you doing tonight...?"

Grace POV

That is the last cctv that I put on the main gate area. I can clearly hear a footsteps coming from behind, just act calm. I know it's Adam, that kid just likes to play around. When he's near enough, I turning to met his face.

"Boo."

"Jesus Christ! Don't do that! You scare me!"

"You need to work more on your steps kid. If not, your really gonna need Jesus..." we laugh a bit.

"Hey, whatcha doing?" He ask.

"Nothing fancy, just installing some cctv around."

"How many?"

"6 for main gate, 7 for the yard and pool, 4 for backyard, 2 for each room from outside and some on the inside, but not in the private area."

"What's the deal...?"

"It's cctv, it's a camera.. don't you know what's cctv is?"

"I know what's a cctv, I'm not dumb. I mean, what's the different between yours and Mr. Ramos's..."

I shows him the cctv. "This is called EV (EveryVision). The difference is Mr. Ramos's just recorded a normal view. Just like any other cctv but, mine is a little bit advance. It can detect any movement even in a dark place using heat signature. It's hd system are able to pick up faces up to half a mile away. Faces are scanned and points are mapped into a series algorithm. Then, comparisons are made by high tech facial recognition software to verify the identities."

"And you said nothing fancy! That's is way too fancy..! That's is awesome! Can I have one?"

"Nope."

"Why....?? You can have it, I want it to..."

"You're not worthy.." winking at him and packing up the things.

"Man... I'm not asking for Thor's hammer.. You're no fun.." he take off his cap.

"You'll get your fun when your princess is safe kid."

"What princess?" Dani came behind us, both didn't expect her.

"Nothing Ms. Ramos... Do you wanna go somewhere Ms. Ramos?"

"I do... be ready by 8:30pm..."

"8:30pm it is... I'll get the car ready..."

"Thank you Adam..." Adam nodding at us and walk away.

"May I know where is the location?" I ask Dani.

"Somewhere that you will not going tonight. Consider it your halfday."

"You know that I'm on my duty all the time right?"

"You know some human being need her alone and personal time, right?"

"It is my job to protect you."

"It is my order to tell you to take a half or whole freaking day off."