bodyguard (pt.2)

Dani POV

Well, there she is. Yes, my new bodyguard is a she. That's new. Maybe my father knew what happened about the past but it took him 18 male guards to figure out. I thought maybe he will just gave up but he didn't. Maybe this time I will try to compromise with my father and .... her.

"Before we go to my lab, we drop by at the house first. I need to get something and show you anyway...." I couldn't catch her name.

"Grace.. Yes, Ms. Ramos."

"Grace... Okay..." I keeps on walking through the lobby and a car already waiting for us.

"Buenos dias, Ms. Ramos..." Adam open the door for me and greeting as always.

"Buenos dias Adam... Your Spanish is getting better, nice. Oh Adam, this is Grace. Grace, this is Adam."

They shake hands and Adam ask Grace. "Adam.."

"Grace..."

"So, you're the new nanny?"

"I'm sorry... Nanny?"

Adam is a little bit shaking right now since Grace is a few feet taller than him. "Ms. Ramos said her father hires a new nanny for her and suppose to meet them here."

"She said that?"

Grace look at me. I looking back at her and then Adam. "What? You'll be following me anywhere. Let's go Adam. You two can talk later since you two will work together."

"Si Ms. Ramos..." Adam shut my door and get on the driver side while Grace get on the passenger side. I found it funny about her reaction on me calling her a nanny.

I see her looking around the road maybe to mesmerize it and we're arrive not long after. Since it's almost lunch hour period and Rita is done with her marvelous cooking, I decide to take Grace and roaming around the house before we have our lunch.

"Dani... lunch is ready. Would you like to have it now or later?" Rita greet us at the front door.

"Rita... later will be fine plus, I wanna show this new nanny around first. We'll come down later. Gracias Rita..." Rita is 63 years old and working for us for a very long time. She's been taking care of me and Diego since we were born and now she's excited to meet Grace. To be honest, she's excited to meet everyone because she's barely going outside from the house. She's the real nanny and treats her like family.

"Oh, hi, nice to meet you young lady... My name is Rosita, but please, just call me Rita... I don't know Mr. Ramos will hires a new nanny since Dani is a grown up lady now."

"Nice to meet you too Rita.. Yes, Mr. Ramos think that his grown up lady still needs a protection, that's why I'm here..." Grace smiles at Rita.

Do you really need to highlight the words grown up lady Grace? Fine. We're tide now.

"That's very nice of you. It's okay, you can ask me anything about Dani. I've been taking care of her since she was a baby. I will give you some list of her favorite food, her activities, her ....."

I cuts her off before she spills something else. "Alright, Alright Rita... I think that's enough for now. Actually, Grace is not my nanny..."

"She's not...? Ohh..."

"No, I am not..." Grace said.

"She's my new bodyguard."

"Thank you Ms. Ramos..." I look at her. "For clearing that up that I'm not a nanny." She's now smiling at me. Fine Grace 2-1 now.

"Whatever... Let's go.."

"I'll prepare the table..." Rita said.

Grace POV

Despite her fierce, there is still a soft spot in her. The way she talks to Adam and Rita, I know she just put that fiery face on and building a wall around to avoid people getting closer. I hope that wall will be breaking down soon since we'll spend a lot of time together for this few months.

"This is the main living room." Walking again. "This is family's living room." We are walking around. "Dining hall. Kitchen. Rita's room, she insists to get other room. Store. Another store. Backyard on your left. This room is... just don't go in this room." She looks a little bit sad about that room. "Let's go to the second floor." I nodded. 

"On your right are father's room and next to it is his office if he works at home. Here is study room, or you can call it mini library or books of health. These two are guests room."

"Five rooms for second floor. I guess there's more...?"

"You can say that. Now, third floor. That's my room, which is very private. This is my playground. I had to asked papi to renovated it a little bit to fits all of my stuff."

"There's a lot of plants. Mini jungle?"

"No. My playground."

"I don't see how is this a playground, even if for a kids." She glares at me. "Okay, Your playground. Not mini jungle. Got it."

"I'm a botanist. I studied botanical."

"I thought you were biologists..." she looking at me again "I read your files.."

"Botanical biology... never heard of it?" I just shake my head. "Just like normal biologists, they did research about humans or animals like papi, while I do plants. Same thing, we're all do research about living things. Tell me Grace, have you ever did some research? About anything, during school or college, perhaps...?"

"I did."

"Really? What's your research?" She seems excited.

"You, currently."

"You've got some nerve giraffe... Now, that is your room. Unfortunately for me, your room is nex to mine. Do whatever you want. Be in the dining hall ni 20 minutes." She walks downstairs and I calling Mike.

"You're speaking to M.i.k.e ... what's up?"

"She called me a nanny! Do I looks like a fucking nanny?!"

"Ohh Hi Grace... Yeah I'm good thanks for asking.."

"Cut the crap Mike...".

"Come on Grace, it's your first day. Just, just think on positive side, she's not working with the bad guys, you're not protecting a bad guy, you protect her from bad guys. It's not forever you know..."

"You better work on this faster. Send me any information or about any assassin in this city. This family is vulnerable, they've lost too many."

"There's the spirit! I'm sending you some location in that city that you can go if anything turns down. I'll send the assassins list later."

"Good, gotta go meet Rita now."

"Rita? Who's Rita?"

"An old friend."

I hope you guys doing well during this covid-19 crisis..

#stayhome
#staysafe
#staypositive

#stayhome#staysafe#staypositive