Part 2~Unknown Pain

I was falling, diving, crashing into the sky and sky. I was always falling. Unable to control my movements as she whispered into my ear, changed my mind. The heat raised in my throat as the gas built in my lungs.

The blue flame blasted the house, destroying it in the inferno of a night fury.

My brother flow by my side as we unwillingly purged the village, killing my family and killing their friends.

Suddenly I was falling again. Crashing into the ground as my wings were caught in a tangle of nets. Dad grabbed me as I tried to get away. He held the family axe up high, ready to bring it down on my throat.

He was going to kill me.

I fought and struggled against the men I was meant to lead. My powers failing me as panic engulfed my system.

"This is for my son." Dad barely whispered the threat, a growl rolling of his tongue as he glared at me; his only son.

He swung down the axe as I roared in pain, shooting up and falling right back down.

I let out heavy breaths as the town started to run about, hearing the roar of the night fury.

The sky was a deep amber as the sun rose up above the town. The birds sang happily as they flow undisturbed.

I held my head, hissing in pain as it throbbed. I quickly hid the chains under the floorboard and cleaned up the blood.

I couldn't stand the overwhelming stench of blood which came from the village as I left for the cove.

Instantly, Toothless bounced up to me. The second he smelt the blood on me he whined and started to lick the barely healed scabs.

"I'm fine bud. Just stings a little." I petted Toothless's head as we sat by the lake.

"You shouldn't hurt yourself." Toothless laid his head by the lake as he spoke.

"I know, but I cannot risk her taking control," I whispered my answer as I tried to lie on my back.

Groaning I rolled onto my side before sitting up.

Toothless laughed at me as we went to the nearby tree.

Finding it more comfortable, we dangled from the tree using our tails.

We didn't really talk, we rarely did after a raid as we tried to sleep. I tried to block out the screams but found it fruitless.

Eventually, I gave up on sleeping as I flow towards the lake. I sat on a rock as I drew in the sand.

I drew powerful dragons flying in the sky, free and uncontrolled, over the untamed sea which holds many mysteries.

I drew caves and undersea taverns with Thunderdrums and Scauldrons swimming joyfully.

I created a world in my drawings. Full of life and free. I wished this world was real.

I sat down again as Toothless came to my side. "It's a shame our world is not like that." He said as he laid his head down on the ground looking at a clan of night furies, which were flying through the night sky.

"Yeah, that would be the dream." I gave my brother a sad smile as I spoke.

"You should go, Gobber will be angry if you're late, again." Toothless told me as I stood up and turned to leave.

"Bye toothless." I scratched the back of his ear as I left.

I noticed Toothless flapping his wings as he took off to hunt.

I walked back into town, being careful to hide the scratch marks on my ears and neck.

"And where'd you been?! Stoick been trying to find you for hours!" I jumped at Gobber's voice as I laughed.

"I was walking. Besides, since when have I ever turned up late?" I asked while putting on my apron.

I started to work the forge as I helped sharpen the weapons, shaking slightly when I had to clean the blood off some weapons. Luckily Gobber didn't notice. He never noticed.

We worked late into the night as he badly sung and fixed the weapons.

I slowly walked towards my house as I tried to sneak in.

"Hiccup."

I stopped half way up the stairs as I hesitantly look at my dad.

"We need to talk." Dad motioned for me to join him as I stepped down. "I think it's time for you to learn how to kill dragons."

Everything stopped. He wanted me to kill dragons. My friends, my family, my people. He wanted me to kill them.

I felt my body shaking as I gasped at him. He can't be serious! He can't be serious!

"You'll need this." Dad picked up the family axe as he forced it into my arms.

"But dad, I don't want to fight dragons." I pleaded with him, fighting every instinct in my body not to throw the axe away from me.

"What, of course you do!" Dad laughed as I cringed.

"Dad, I can't kill dragons!" I begged pleading to not do this.

"Well you'll learn." I could tell dad was losing his patience with me.

"Dad!" I begged one last time as he scowled at me.

"Hiccup, I'm being serious." I could feel his glare on me as I shied away from him. "When you hold this axe you carry our ancestors with you," dad forced the axe into my hand. "Which means you talk like us, you walk like us, no more of this." Dad gestured to me as I felt a pit in my stomach.

"You just gestured to all of me." I grumbled as he smiled.

"Yes, stop being all of you." Dad turned to pick up a basket as he turned to leave. "We're going to find the nest, I'll see you in a week, most likely."

"And I'll be here, probably." I muttered as dad left for the ships. I sighed quietly as I went upstairs.

I searched under my bed until I pulled out my book. I started to draw a terrible terror until I fell asleep.

The night was calm. Everything was still. Soft snores could be head undisturbed by anyone, except a certain black smith.

He snuck out of town, following his young apprentice's path deep into the forest.

He kept going until a sudden drop caused him to fall.

Unsure where he was he picked up his burning torch as he walked around the strange area.

Deciding it was a dead end he turned to leave just spotting the drawings in the sand.

Dragons, hundreds of them. Drawn flying in the sky, swimming in the sea, sleeping in the caves.

But they were different than anything he had seen before. As if they weren't the monsters they were.

Only one thought came to his mind; 'Who, in all the acapella, drew this?'