Part 7~Hope

The room was deadly silent. No one dared say anything, not as if any knew what was going on.

"Well? You going to answer me?" The intruder was dressed in a beige-white and white tunic underneath a heavy, sleeveless, fur vest with a metal owl brooch pinned on it. It looked like he was wearing a series of scales which decorated his est in a protective manner. Two sheaths hang from his thick waistband, one behind his waist, and the other at his left side. He also wore two grey fur wristbands. He was tall, broad-framed with beefy arms marred with scars. He wore a mask showing off a style similar to a dragon, he had a red face with a horn at the front, the dragon it was representing didn't seem to be one they were aware of.

Behind him, the door was still open and the town was looking in.

Stoic was the first to recover. "I do not know what you are talking about," he snapped as the intruder crossed his arms over his chest.

"I neve said you did, just that someone here will know something, don't get so offended when I am asking a simple question," he said, clearly offended by Stoic's statement.

"Either way, get out. I do not know who you are but you are not welcome here!" Stoic snapped while standing up.

"Not a chance!" The intruder snapped back before pulling out a sword and pointing it at us.

"Don't threaten me," Stoic growled as we all prepared to fight off the intruder.

"As far as it looks to me, I am the only one here with a weapon," the intruder snapped back before pressing a button on the side of the handle, causing the blade to catch fire.

Gober's eyes widened more than anyone else, a flaming sword, just like the one he made.

Suddenly, a loud roar called all of the room to silence. Crashing through the door, a large dragon came to stop by the intruder. The dragon was large with a red face to match the intruder. It was a green with brown trim and had a light underbelly. It had a clubbed tail and a jackhammer-like maw. His neck was armored and had long horns on its head with small spines on the back and tail.

"What's wrong boy?" The intruder asked, causing the entire room of Vikings to gasp in horror.

The dragon let out a low rumble as the intruder stood up and turned to face us. "I must apologise, the dragon thief's son has been found. I must take my leave," he said formally.

"Wait," Alvin called out suddenly, "who are you?"

The intruder, who at this point had climbed onto the dragon's back turned ever so slightly to look at us. "I am Eret, son of Eret, and I am a dragon rider of the White King's santery, look out Viking, soon things shall change. Look for the nightfury." And then he was gone. Flown off into the sky.

Many questions bounced round the leaders' minds. The intruder-Eret-had talked about everything changing, as if it hadn't happened already. Who was that man? And who were the dragon riders?

Gobber snuck away, the chaos that had fallen after Eret had left gave him a huge headache. He was on his way to the cove, the way that man talked and acted, was he a part of that. They had the same sword, well not entially, but similar ones.

Gobber thought about the dragons he hadn't recognized, it was too much of a coincidence. He hadn't recognized the mask but when that dragon appeared he was able to identify it as the Rumblehorn.

He tried to ignore the consuming worry that hung in the back of his mind as he made his way to visit Sharpshot.

Arriving, however, he could hear voices. Panic gripped at his mind as he made the split second choice to fight off the Vikings and save Sharpshot. He let off a war cry before running into the side cave. Swinging his sword wildly at the two intruders.

"Gobber! Stop, it's me! It's Hiccup!"

Gobber froze in place as he looked at the smaller of the two. He had pulled up his mask, which was covered in black scales and had ear looking things down the side. He wore an outfit covered in the same black scales, there were many strange looking hooks and pockets running along the outfit. In his back holster was a sword, much to the surprise of Gobber, and he had a few other daggers hidden throughout his outfit. On the rock where Sharpshot had been resting lay a shield which Gobber instantly recognized.

"Hiccup? I don't understand, where did you go and why are you here?" Gobber asked, stepping forward to look at his old apprentice. A low growl caused Gobber to stop in his track as a Nightfury and the Rumblehon from early on came in. Gobber had to force himself to stay still, knowing he was not in any danger.

The Nightfury came behind Hiccup rubbing against his hand on the way before settling and glaring at Gobber.

"Jet, we must go, your- she is waiting for you." Eret stopped himself from saying something he clearly didn't want Gobber to know.

"I know, but I must explain to him," Hiccup said while motioning towards Gobber.

"No, you must not. Why are you trying to defend him, he attacked us?" Eret snapped back but Hiccup wasn't budging.

"He saved me, as far as he knew we came to kill him for taking care of a dragon, he had every right to fight back now shut up." Eret looked like he wanted to debate the order but a glare and snarl from the Nightfury shut him up completely. "Now," Hiccup continued, "I suspect you're very confused, but unfortunately I must be off. Come back here in four days time and I will explain everything properly." Hiccup jumped onto the Nightfury's back before turning back around to Gobber. "Oh, and thank you. For not killing m- the Terrible Terror on the beach."

Before Gobber could say anything, Hiccup was gone. And he was alone.