Part 23~Mishaps in the Tunnels

Laughing, I joked with Fish. Dad was watching over us, he looked half glad that I was acting more normal but also sad because it was a different normal. Not how I acted beforehand but how I act now.

Astrid was also watching me, it was slightly creepy but she wasn't doing anything and if she wants to use me as a distraction from Snotlout's awful flirting I can't really blame her. She has been watching me a lot lately, like she doesn't trust me. I mean, most people don't trust me right now, but her more than others.

Fish brought the book of dragons back into my sight, asking me if I had seen the dragon on the page. I couldn't stop the slight snort of laughter as the dragon he pulled out a Seashocker.

"Yeah, fish, I've met a Seashocker, they are great creatures. There are a few hiding in the lower tunnels if you want to meet one later."

Fish seemed to like my idea as he pulled out more dragons to see if they were in the tunnels. He pointed at Scauldrons, Timberjacks, Speed Stingers and Thunderdrums. I laughed a little from his eagerness, he had been training with us for two weeks now and he never ran out of things to ask about. Things to learn.

And I was more than glad to talk about them to someone who would actually listen. "Come on Fish, I think you should see the lake cavern," I suggested, grabbing his arm and dragging him out and into the tunnel.

We were making our way deeper, deeper into the depths. The lowest caverns with the tidal dragons. We were just about to turn the corner where a blade pressed against my neck.

"I swear to Odin, if that is you Heather I will burn you alive," I snapped. I already had four cuts along my neck from when Heather or Eret tried to jump me by putting a blade to my neck. At this point it is getting a little ridiculous.

The blade was removed from my neck, letting me look around to see my attacker. "Who's Heather?"

"Astrid?! What are you doing here? How did you even get down here?"

"I thought you said only the group knew of these tunnels," Fish asked, confusion written over his face.

"They do. That means you are either highly lucky, or you followed us. So, as I've met you before and I know luck is out of the option, why were you following us?" I looked over at Snotlout, there is no chance they came across these tunnels by accident and got this far without running into a dragon.

"How do you know that? Maybe I thought my way down," Astrid said, shifting her axe from one hand to the other, Snotlout letting out a yell of agreement.

"Easy, he would have got you caught. And put your axe away, if any of the ri- the group finds you walking around with that pointed at our necks, they take you down in ten seconds flat," I explained, pushing Astrid's axe away from me.

She looked pretty annoyed but lowered it nonetheless. "What's going on? What are you two doing down here?"

Fish walked forward, smiling as he held the book close to his chest. "Hiccup is going to show me something."

"Really? What?"

Before Fish could say anything, I jumped in. "I don't think that is any of your concern."

"You can't talk like that to Astrid," Snotlout said quickly.

"And what are you going to do about it?" The cave went silent at my question. "Well? What are you going to do?"

Snotlout looked scared, terrified. He pulled out his sword and pointed it at me.

Seriously? I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms. "Are you going to do anything with that or should you put away before you poke someone's eye out?"

Snotlout swung at me, letting out a war cry. I ducked under and swiped my foot across. I grabbed onto his tunic and held him off the ground. I smirked slightly, Snotlout was too clumsy. Too much brawn and no brain. I dropped him and watched him fall to the ground and let out a pained groan.

I felt Astrid's axe on the back of my next as I rubbed my eyes. "Just one month. That's all I want, just one month where nothing happens."

"Start talking. How did you get so good in dragon training? How did you know about these tunnels? What are you going to show him?"

"I got good because I trained. I knew about the tunnels because I used to dig out the walls. And I am here to show him the water caverns," I twisted. Breaking the truth slightly to make plausible excuses.

"If that was all true, then why are you being so secretive? I think you are hiding something," Astrid growled, pressing her axe harder against my neck.

"And I think you should put down your axe."

"And why should I do that?"

"Because, you are not only threatening the heir to Berk, who might I add is under twice the surveillance, but you are asking me in the tunnels that we roam. How long do you think it will take for them to notice something is wrong. You already know Heather hides down here from my first sentence, how many others do you think are down here? How many do you think you can fight?"

I smirked when I could hear footsteps. Growling and snarling from the dragons. The light steps of Heather and Eret rounding the corner.

"Astrid, remember something. Never threaten the leader."

Heather kicked down Snotlout, holding her axe against his neck as Eret launched at Astrid, who jumped back. Avery launched out from behind me, checking over me before snarling at Astrid and getting down on all fours.

"And never threaten an alfa." I smirked as I let out my wings and tail and ears. She looked at me in horror before turning to run. "Ave, don't let her get out. Oh, and this time don't knock out the Viking," I added with slight annoyance.Laughing echoed down the tunnels, Ruff and Tuff was trying to catch up with us, but we were too fast for them. Avery and I were in our half-dragon forms, running and bouncing off the walls.

Ave launched into the darkness, easily pinning down Astrid and grabbed onto her leg, pulling her through the tunnels as Heather and Eret dragged Snotlout. We took them into the cove and dumped them on the ground. The dragons blocking every exit out.

"Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, why have to kidnap two more teens from the villain?" Mum came in, scolding me.

This was going to be a long explanation.