A Why Don't We Day

I woke up to Jonah singing "Don't Change" softly. Turning over, I checked my phone and saw that it was 3:50 in the morning. "Jo, why are you awake?" I question as I sit up seeing him sitting at the edge of the bed holding Cameryn. "Bad dream."

He whispers and looks at the sleepy girl in his lap. I slipped over to where Jonah was sitting on our bed, rubbing her back and I laid my head on his shoulder, feeling him kiss my hair. "Daddy made it better, mommy." Cameryn whispered.

"Yeah, he's good at that, isn't he, sweetie?" she nodded before saying, "keep singing, Daddy, pwease." She looked up at Jonah with pleading eyes. "All right, what song, baby girl?" Jonah chuckled and whispered, kissing her hair. "I want mommy's favorite." He smiled before he kissed my forehead. "Okay, I'll sing you and mommy 8 letters." He then started singing softly, sliding one arm behind my back rubbing shapes gently. 

By the second verse, Cameryn was dozing off. "Can I sleep with you and Mommy?" He nodded as he looked in the three year old's eyes. "Yeah, baby. You can sleep with us." Jonah wrapped his free arm around my waist and situated Cameryn on his chest before laying on the bed, bringing the two of us with him.

Cameryn settled in between the two of us. I laid against him, feeling his arm snake around me. I was almost asleep when I felt Jonah slide his hand from my waist to my lower back, pulling me closer to him and I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck and shoulder.

Hearing him sigh contentedly because he knew both Cameryn and I were safe, I kissed his shoulder and mumbled, "I love you forever." Jonah whispered quietly in response, startling me since I thought he was asleep already. "I love you always, baby doll." He intertwined our fingers as he fell asleep.

Next morning

Jonah POV

I woke up this morning to Cameryn asleep next to Abbi with one hand interlocked with her mom's. I smiled before realizing that I really couldn't get up without waking one or both of the girls up since Abbi's leg was entangled with mine. I reached over for my phone and opened my camera. I took a picture of my two Sleeping Beauties.

Liked by @corbynbesson @jackaverymusic @gabbieegonzalez and 2,760 others

@jonahmarais: My sweet girls. I love them, they're my world. This is what my Saturday mornings consist of. 😍💟

@gabbieegonzalez: Aww! Two of my favorite girls! You got a good deal going there, @jonahmarais

@allisynlimelight: AWWWWWWW!!! My heart! Y'all are such a cute family.

@seaveydaniel: Aww, my sweet goddaughter, I like her pink pajamas too!

@imzachherron: is that photo staged, or is your family really just that perfect?

I chuckled and replied to some comments.

@jonahmarais: They're my favorites too. I really do, don't I, @gabbieegonzalez I think of it everyday!