#15 - cursed

Y/n woke up with a cold sweat.

Nightmares that were simply reenactments of her traumas.

Forced to watch through the scenarios over and over again.

To her side her duvet looks like someone was there before her but she thought nothing of it. The only thing on her mind was the things she saw in her sleep.

She saw them once before. She didn't need to see them again.

Although it was around 12 years ago, the image was as clear as day.

Fire consuming everything that was once green. Harsh winds supporting rocks of all different sizes roamed the air. Clouds turned to water which then turned into sharp blades of ice. The cuts all over her body,which the monstrosity around her caused, had blood seeping through it. However, although the blood was still a strong crimson, it held a gold shimmer to it.

From the rear left of her view she saw her once green hair turn white.

That's when she jolted up...

The fear of knowing that there's a power she can't control scares her. She doesn't want to push the new friends she's made in her life away. Before she met class 1A she only had 2 friends her age in her life. One being Melissa who she barely saw every 2-3 years and Rumi.

She had drifted from her best friend after she left junior high. Who knows what she's up to now.

Y/n messily sorted out her hair and changed into her assigned comfy outfit of the week.

As she entered the common room with a tired, stoic look on her face, she noticed Ochako having trouble with her omlette.

"Why is it taking so long to cook?!?"

She was frustrated out of her mind. Y/n only knew how to make around 3 dishes and knew a decent bit about cooking but she decided to help the poor girl out.

Without a word, she came over to her and lifted the pan up to place her hand in the fire.

In. The. Fire.

Ochako looked at y/n with a befound expression. Expecting to find the girl with a look of pain on her face. Instead, the partial greenette had a tired, stoic expression.

Almost like Aizawa's or Shinsou's.

For her classmates this look was foreign to see on her. The bags under her eyes would make someone think that she pulled an all nighter. But she slept more than enough. It was the fact about what happened in her sleep.

Y/n removed her hand from the flames and placed the pan back onto it before turning the knob to make the flame a little hotter.

"It wasn't hot enough." She said and walked off.

Ochako and a few people around them were confused at y/n's attitude but just figured that it was because she was tired.

But the girl herself knew that she needed comfort and fast. She was about to have a breakdown any second now.

As she was about to make some cereal, Kirishima spoke up.

"Hey, y/n? You okay?"

"Hm? Oh yeah... Just tired." She gave him a smile.

But for her the smile was incredibly forced.

She had to squeeze the tiniest ounce of happiness out of her to put into the smile for it to seem genuine. It almost hurt her.

Kirishima smiled and nodded then walked off. The second he did, y/n smile quickly dropped. Continuing with her cereal.

But from somewhere in the room, Bakugou noticed her lie and thought back to last night. What the fuck was that dream about?
__________