t w o

"No, Hermione! No matter how many times you say it, it won't work." Ginny said with a sigh. "It's impossible, absolutely impossible to make Malfoy fall in love with you." She insisted and caught her mistake, her eyes growing wide. "And I'm not implying that you're unlovable or anything, I'm just saying Malfoy is not your guy-"

"Don't be silly, Ginny, nothing's impossible."

"But let's think about this. He's our enemy, he used to be an death eater, he's a Slytherin - he, he's just Draco Malfoy! No, it won't work!" Ginny cried, trying to convince her friend. "If you two start to date it would be like ... what do muggles call it? World War Six?"

"World War Three, actually."

"That's besides the point! Let's be rational here—"

"Don't be so dramatic, Ginny. If ... we were to date, I suppose we'd just bring house unity. I'll be getting what I want and I'll be bringing peace to this school. How great is that?" Hermione asked with a grin.

"No, that's not great at all. Who cares about house unity at this point? We already have house unity since the war kind of solved that problem for us, Hermione!"

"Ginny, I have everything under control. I know what I'm doing."

"No you don't." She muttered under her breath and looked at her friend desperately. "Okay, well, you guys have been enemies ever since you two laid eyes on each other. Hell, none of us talked to him ever since the war. It's going to be weird if you just started talking to him so out of the blue. How will you make him fall in love with you?"

"I'll do whatever I have to do to make him fall in love with me." She said coolly as she leaned back in her seat with her arms crossed across her chest. She was done talking about the plan. "Please promise me you'll keep this a secret."

Ginny furrowed her eyebrows and stared at Hermione for a long time. She finally gave up and sighed. There was no turning back now. Hermione had made her decision and she was quite the stubborn one. "I promise but please just don't get into any trouble." She requested with a hopeful grin.

"You're the best." Hermione stated happily as she shot up from her seat. "I guess I'll be busy this winter break, huh?" She asked her friend and grinned.

"Wait, is Draco Malfoy staying here for the holidays?" Ginny asked as she stood up.

"Well, considering his father ..." Hermione stopped herself and sheepishly met eyes with Ginny. "I don't think he'll want to go back home for the holidays." Hermione answered with her voice suddenly low and quiet - almost like a whisper.

"That's right." Ginny said under her breath and felt the awkward atmosphere around them. The Malfoys' were all over the newspaper when the war ended and almost everybody in the Wizarding World knew about them. It was a touchy subject to talk about, considering it didn't end well for Draco Malfoy.

"Let's go back to our dorm and just get some rest." Hermione suggested.

"That sounds very welcoming right now." Ginny said with a grin as they started walking out of the library. "So how long is this mission of yours going on for? Have you decided yet?"

"My plan is to try to at least be friends with him by the end of winter break. That'll give me two weeks to become friends with them and hopefully I'll be able to make my first move by the third week in."

"Let's just pray that it works."

"Pray hard."

"Really Hard." Ginny sighed and stared at her friend. "I can't believe you're still doing this. There's still time to turn back—"