s i x t e e n

---

Did she hear him correctly? Did Draco Malfoy just say he wanted her? Her?  “I’m sorry, what?” She asked as she stared at him with wide eyes.

Draco flashed her a smirk and shook his head. “I don’t repeat things twice.” He told her and raised an eyebrow.

“I’m not sure I heard correctly.” She told him, looking dazed.

“No, you did.”

“Draco, are you just joking?”

“I don’t know, am I?” He teased her.

Hermione pressed her lips into a thin line and smacked him in the arm. “Don’t joke around.”

“Why? Did it make your heart flutter? Did it make you realize you love me?”

“Don’t push it.” She snarled and gripped onto his wand as she pushed him down on the couch. “Just shut up while I heal your wounds.” She ordered sternly and sighed deeply as she started to cast non-verbal spells. Soon, all the cuts and bruises disappeared from his face. He looked good as new. “That’s it.”

“Wow, you know, you should become a healer. You’ll make a pretty damn good one.” He praised her as he touched his face. “I feel good as new.”

“I know.” She said pompously with a smug grin. “Goodnight.” She told him and got up from the couch.

“Whoa, wait. My wand.” He said as he stood up, looking down at her.

“No, it’s mine.” She said and slipped the wand into her back pocket.

“What?”

“As long as my wand is in your possession, your wand is in mine.” She told him with a smirk and laughed. “Goodnight, Draco.” She said sweetly and walked off with a hum.

“GRANGER!” He yelled angrily as he looked at her.

“Malfoy!” She mocked him with a giggle and shook her head. “I’ll give it back when you decide to give me back my wand.” She told him and disappeared into her bedroom.

“Damn woman.” He groaned and sighed as he walked over to his bedroom.

---

The next morning, Draco decided to sit with Hermione for breakfast. Blaise quickly ate and left because he had something ‘important’ to do. The couple was happily in the Great Hall finishing up breakfast and bickering about whose grades was better while Harry and Ginny sat a few seats away from them.

“What happened to my darling’s face!?” The familiar shriek echoed throughout the almost empty Great Hall. Hermione and Draco stared at each other and sighed almost immediately. The curly, blonde haired girl stood behind them, making the couple turn around in their seats. She stared at the couple with wide eyes, her arms crossed across her chest. “Well!?”