e l e v e n

---

“We never got to finish our game of ‘let’s get to know each other better’, you know that?” Draco asked with a small smirk as he stared at Hermione who grinned at his comment.

“No, we haven’t. I believe we still have a few more questions left.” She said and smiled as she leaned back against one of the columns. “So, I’ll ask you a question first. What is your favorite beverage?”

“Firewhiskey.”

Hermione slightly laughed at his answer but read his serious face and stopped. “Are you serious?”

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Draco asked as he bent his eyebrows at her.

“Oh, well . . . I guess that’s understandable. We are all eighteen now and it’s legal for us to consume alcoholic beverages.”

“Yeah, I used to sneak some last year.”

“Like in the school grounds?” Hermione asked with wide eyes, completely appalled. “You illegally consumed firewhiskey on school grounds?”

“Everybody else did.” He shrugged his shoulders as if it was nothing.

“That’s absolutely preposterous! How did you guys ever sneak it in? No, how did you even lay your hands on that drink?” She started asking questions with wide eyes.

“I think you’re up to at least fifteen questions now.”

Hermione closed her mouth and cleared her throat. “Well, I guess it doesn’t really matter whether you drank firewhiskey illegally or legally.”

“What’s your favorite beverage?” Draco asked as he stared at her.

“Butterbeer.” Hermione answered crisply as she put on her small grin. “That’s the only beverage I drink that’s even close to alcohol. Ever. I even got slightly drunk after drinking two cups one time.”

“You’re telling me you’ve never had a drop of firewhiskey?” It was now Draco’s turn to be shocked. “Are you crazy? H, how do you live with yourself? Do you even call yourself a witch?”

“I think you’re up to at least fifteen questions now, too.” Hermione smirked as she threw his words back at him.

“That’s besides the point! You know what? I’m going to have to take you out to have some firewhiskey. You’re insane!”

“I’ve lived perfectly fine without it.”

“That’s because you don’t have the slightest clue as to how it tastes like. Once you have a sip of firewhiskey, butterbeer will be your least favorite drink.”

“Wait, did you just offer to buy me a drink?” Hermione asked as she raised an eyebrow. “Interesting.”