n i n e

---

Hermione had finished taking a cold shower but that wasn’t enough to cool her down. She was still hot and red from irritation and utter humiliation. She grabbed her wand to smooth down her curls but suddenly stopped halfway. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed as she set her wand down. She grabbed a hair tie from the cabinet and tied her hair back into a neat pony tail. She quickly bobby pinned her bangs back and walked out of her room. She walked down the stairs and became surprised when she saw Ginny, Blaise and Malfoy down on the couch. She furrowed her eyebrows and gripped onto her wand—just in case. “What brings you two here?” She asked after a while.

“It wasn’t my idea, it was this idiot right here who suggested we should eat breakfast together and discuss some matters.” Draco said as he cocked his head towards Blaise, looking away from Hermione.

“And you let them in?” She questioned Ginny as she raised an eyebrow with one hand on her hip.

“They looked desperate and besides, everyone’s out doing whatever.” Ginny said with a shrug and patted to the empty seat next to her on the couch. “Come sit.”

Hermione reluctantly walked over and sat down next to Ginny. “You guys should sit down, too.” She stated quietly.

“Yeah, sit down.” Ginny said and stared at Blaise intently giving him a sign.

Blaise understood and quickly took a seat in the single armchair and sighed. “Draco, sit down.” He said as he pointed to the empty spot next to Hermione.

Draco glared at Zabini while Hermione glared at Ginny and Blaise. “Why don’t you sit there?” Draco growled at his friend.

“Well, you probably know Granger way better than I do, so just sit down.” Blaise said as he shrugged it off. Draco sighed and cautiously sat down next to Hermione, unfortunately, Ginny was taking much of the space so that Hermione and Draco were close.

Hermione noticed it and looked at Ginny. “Ginny, scoot down a bit.”

“Nah, I’m good.” Ginny said and quickly brought out a brown paper bag. “I went into the kitchen and asked Skippy to whip something up for me. When I mentioned it was for you, he added an extra toast and an apple.” She said with a grip as she tossed it at Hermione. “Eat up, we have a long day ahead of us.”

“We do?” Hermione asked as she curiously stared at her friend.

“No, but hopefully you do.” Ginny said and slightly grinned at her friend.

Blaise also threw a brown paper bag at Draco. “I went to the kitchens, as well, and asked Skippy to whip something up for me. When I mentioned it was for you, he graciously added an extra bagel and apple.” He said as she tossed it over to Draco. “Dig in.”

“Thanks.” Draco muttered and opened up his paper bag, reaching in to grab some food.

“So, I’m guessing everyone left for the holidays?” Hermione asked as she bit into a warm toast. Ginny nodded and slightly grinned.