Episode Two | 02

✧⚫【Episode 2 | By the alias Sou Aimer】⚫✧

Kōyō, if she could remember, even just a split second, would know what is happening

She killed a demon, and the next she knew, she was sitting in a home of an old man named Jigoro Kuwajima having tea while staring at his small frame.

Jigoro sipped his tea casually while Kōyō moved her gaze to the tea and him, blinking leisurely.

"I've seen what you did to that demon, that was... Interesting to say the least." He said and Kōyō couldn't help but glance at the ground, vision getting blurry intentionally.

"Tell me," he continued before setting the tea by his lap, looking at her questionably, "What breath was that?"

Kōyō averted her eyes away from the ground and onto him, gulping unnoticeably.

"Breath.. Breath of the Dragons. A breath that I... I came up with. My mother is different from mine."

Kōyō in honesty, if she could remember, even just a split second, would know what is happening;

She would trade the world with it at the moment.

The old man hummed, closing his eyes and sipping the tea again. Kōyō blinked her eyes bowed to him.

"I'm sorry, but I must get going. Goodbye Jigoro-san." Kōyō said as she stood up, and went for the door to get outside, when he spoke again.

"You.. your the child he was talking about.." Kōyō froze, eyes going wide.

How many times has she heard that.?

'Sweet child, forget who you are, and do your job.'

'You know what will happen if you don't listen...'

Kōyō turned around.

"What are you talking about?" It was a bitter sweet voice when she said that, and for some reason, it felt utterly normal to her.

"I'm quite sure you know what I'm talking about." He chuckled shortly.

Kōyō sighed and fixed her hair, "Yes, you are not wrong there." walked and sat again infront of the him.

"I see a lot of potential with you. On becoming a demon slayer." He said and Kōyō knew what he was talking about.

The Demon Slaying Corps, an organization that has existed since ancient times, dedicating its existence to protecting humanity from Demons. 

Instead of reacting, just nodded.

"Would you like to be trained as one, or go as doing it as a hobby.?" He asked, curious to her up coming answer.

...

Kōyō didn't immediately respond; she was hesitant on what to say, after all, she said if she said no, then that's it, she was to return home, and never avenged her blind mother. Or..

" I would like to be trained as one, Jigoro-San."

He smiled.

"Care to tell me your name then?"

"Sou Aimer. You may call me Aimer, Jigoro-San."

×|×|×

Kōyō chose her fate, and that it was never changing.

She trained under him, as it turned out he was the former lighting Pillar, or Hashira, as they called. He was insanely fast, even for his old age.

Kōyō had to admit herself that it was hard, she would be egotistical to lie about it.

But weeks, and Jigoro could not joke on, was all it took for her to master the ways how to hold swords and kill demons with it.

Creating the Breath of Dragons, a breath where the power is nearly devastating to any strong or average demon, and deadly to weak demons, proved her to be a capable swordsman.

Then took six months to create her breaths, which from what Jigoro remembered she told him, were currently 7, which is was a lot considering her age, 14 and still young.

And off she went to the final selection in a seven months and two weeks.