Episode Nine | 09

✧⚫【Episode 9 | The Trouble with the Still Living Stones III】⚫

This demon....

"I'LL EAT YOU SKINNY GLASS BITCH!"

is annoying as a fly flying near your ear.

Readying her blade, Kōyō brought it near her lips, muttering.

"Oh merciful gods, let this pitiful soul pass peacefully."

Making the first move, Kōyō appeared in front of the demon, which startled it as it jumped out the window in response.

Kōyō could hear the demon's cackling, and clicked her tongue.

'Wretched demon..' Kōyō thought, suddenly coughing.

Placing her hand on her mouth, she touched it lightly felt something wet.

Looking at her fingers, noting they were slightly bloody, she took no mind to it.

Running out the house, she went after the demon, who was running towards the forest.

The demon sent a flurry of thick vines, coming towards Kōyō like multiple daggers.

She cut all of it in an instant, swing her blade in a blur.

The demon growled and kept running.

"LEAVE ME ALONE DEMON SLAYER!" The demon screamed at her, to which Kōyō gave a sickly sweet smile, some more blood flowing out her lips.

"RRRRGGGHHHH!"

The demon was going feral, and Kōyō realized that she was in the forest already. It disappeared outbox of sight, and Kōyō clicked her tongue again.

Closing her eyes and concentrating, hearing the surroundings around her, she heard it.

Something jumped out of a tree, and clashing was heard.

Kōyō held her blade against the demon, it was smirking.

"I've just come to realization.. That blood of yours.! Your a Marechi, aren't you!? You smell like wine and Honey.!" The demon said, salivating in front of Kōyō, drool dripping out it's lips and onto Kōyō's uniform.

Letting out a disgusted face, Kōyō saw the opportunity to push the demon away, and jumped far from it.

The demon flew back from the push, getting stuck on a tree thanks to the over extra spikes in the back.

"Marechi.? Oh, that.." Kōyō remembered nonchalantly.

Raising her blade, she jumped to the demon and swung her blade.

Breath of the Dragons : Second Form : Of the 7th Flames of Gold and Galaxies

The orange of her blade yet to change, instead, hot golden smoke came out of it, and tiny yellow and white sparks came out, reminding the demon of the sun when it's rising up, and reminding said demon of the light it hadn't enjoyed in years, heck, maybe even decade.

Tears welled up the demon's eyes, no, it wasn't sadness, it was instead of happiness, happiness that she were to be free soon.

But Kōyō didn't fully cut her neck, it was half way instead, and the demon felt agonizing burning.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" The demon screamed in agony, and Kōyō had that sickening sweet smile, and demon choked on it's blood.

"You see, you really pissed me off for making me question my sexuality, another thing is that you sure are loud, and I hate loud things, it hurts my already sensitive ears. Your also a degenerate demon, the other demons I saw actually hunt, and you use this pathetic way that makes it coincidentally artistic. I'm disgusted and impressed at the same time. I take back my prayer earlier."

The way Kōyō has said it left the demon confused, baffled and still in agony.

"Well, I believe this is enough.. or shall I leave you here until sunrise, that wound won't heal, it's stuck like that." Kōyō giggled before her head twitched.

Raising her sword, pink eyes darkening, seeming red now, and brought the sword to the demon's neck.

"All... I ever... wanted... were to people to... like my works..." The demon last said before turning to dust.

Kōyō breathed in and out, placing her nichirin blade back to the parasol-scabbard, blood still dripping in her lips.

Getting out the forest, Kōyō noticed Sasaki tending to the survivors.

Sasaki looked at her.

"Oh! Sou-san, your okay!" The older woman gasped in relief. Kōyō just like a nodded, tired from the fight.

"Wait, is that blood on your lips!?"

"Hmm, I just started coughing before fighting the demon."

"You are definitely NOT okay!!"

"I just need to sleep, that's all."

"Listen to me young la- OH MY GOODNESS DON'T PASS OUT HERE!!"