Episode Three | 03

✧⚫【Episode 3 | Final Selection : Segment One】⚫✧

The on set journey to the wisteria and demon infested mountain was a struggle, it was steep, there were random jagged rocks, and Kōyō kept her best no to damage a haori Jigoro got for her before she went

She soon got there, the parasol she has closing as each step she took making a tap to the gravel.

The others look at her. She looked young, too young to be there. Completely out of place.

Taking note that there are currently 15 people, including her, who were waiting for time to go to the mountain.

She also noticed a boy, around her age, maybe a year older or so, with white hair, gems and a hairband.

[IDK when Uzui became a demon slayer, but let's pretend with this one yes, because, well.. Plot..]

Kōyō went to a tree and leaned over, closing her eyes and started praying for a little bit, praying that the will people here will survive and live, that the demons she will soon face be placed to the land where peace and warmth exist.

A man, clearly older than them, came out and started speaking.

"Welcome to the final selections, where you will have to survive in that demon infested mountain for seven nights without any outside aid. After surviving seven days, you will return here and become official demon slayers."

Kōyō got her blade ready, grabbing the hilt already as people started walking towards the entrance of the mountain, the man standing bowing his head.

"Good luck children."

And off Kōyō went to the demon infested forest.

×|×|×

The demon she encountered were of standard demons, no blood demon art, just normal demons.

Kōyō did not bother using any breath, knowing using breaths are exhausting, and just cut the demon's head off with a spin of her blade and it turning to dust.

"One.." she muttered under her breath.

A few came out after the first demon screeched.

Kōyō clenched her teeth and took a deep breath.

Breath of Dragons : Fourth form : Claws by the Sunset Abyss

Bring the sword up, she swung her arm at the upcoming demons, a orange glow and image of a claw appearing and slicing 3 demon necks off.

Thrusting the blade behind her quickly, stabbing a demon planning to attack her behind, she flipped it, and when it was in front of her, cuts the neck off.

"Five.." She said, huffing trying to catch her breath.

Kōyō believes 4? or 5 hours have passed since, and had killed five right now.

Morning came, but it almost made no difference with how dark it was to where she is at.

She killed a total of 7 demons by night came, and killed 6 more by dark.

13 demons in 2 days.

Almost similar process repeated, and by the 5th day, Kōyō has a slight cut in her lower cheek, and some dirt at her hair and haori.

24 demons.

The 6th day came, finally the last she really has to worry, and the 7th to find her way out the miserable mountain and go back.

While resting for a bit after almost uninterrupted battles with multiple demons, some with demon art that she considered weak, A growl she heard just a few trees behind her.

Jolting up just in time and jumping away, the tree she was resting on was diced to bits of pieces.

Landing with a flip, Kōyō's lips straight and eyes in a glare, the demon revealed it self after the dust disappeared.

Antlers growing in it's head, slim body, a female demon wearing a kimono.

"Well, would you look at that... A Marechi!"