Episode Five | 05

✧⚫【Episode 5 | A Companion for the Mean Time】⚫✧

Kōyō likes to admit to herself that she would like a friend

Growing in a home near the mountains, and that the villagers at flatland, she rarely could see them. The chance of her getting out were slim to none, and even escaping was impossible because her mother knew all the time, no matter what.

Kōyō walked carefully down the mountain, holding her slightly torn haori, looking at path ahead of her.

Hair let loose, her hair ornaments at home and all she used at the exam a single alice band

She felt a presence, and looked beside her.

There was the was a boy with white hair and jewelry. Scratches and dirt on his face, and he was grinning.

Kōyō looked at him questionably. Grinning after that? To be fair, he just passed the exam.

"Hey, What's your name? I'm the Flamboyant Uzui Tengen!" He introduced, and Kōyō quirked a brow, Flamboyant? What?

"Oh? A pleasure I suppose, I am Sou Aimer." She introduced, placing her unoccupied hand on her chest and smiled at him.

He laughed loudly, and Kōyō flinched inwardly, "What a flamboyant name!" He said laughing more.

Walking now to a smooth road, they will be kept talking, at one point, Kōyō took out her handkerchief she prepared before the exam, and wiped the dirt of his face.

Stopping by the side of the road suddenly, Uzui looked at questionably, stopping as well.

Taking out a cloth, Kōyō grabbed his face gently and brought it closer, and started wiping the dirt off his face.

His eyes wide, he starred at her bewildered.

Asif sensing his bewilderment, Kōyō spoke, "I'm just wiping the dirt off your face, you might get it infected." and continued wiping it away.

Uzui stopped giving her a look and just let her wipe off the dirt, including the ruined eye paint he had, which she questioned if she could.

"Uzui-sa-"

"Call me Tengen."

"Tengen-san, can wipe off your eye paint? it's smudge and ruined." Kōyō asked, hand hovering over his right eye.

"Sure, I can just put some again when I get home." Kōyō nodded, continued wiping the dirt and the paint away.

Finishing, she gave him the cloth.

"What? Why are you giving this to me?" He asked, and Kōyō kept walking, seeing the mountain where Jigoro was.

Stopping and turning around, hair whipping and eyes glittering by the sunset light, she smiled

"I do not know when we will meet again, so I decided, that you keep it for the mean time, and then you can return it once we meet again

"I do not know when we will meet again, so I decided, that you keep it for the mean time, and then you can return it once we meet again."

And walked away, leaving Uzui there holding the cloth.

Turning it over when he noticed something of a different colour, he saw a single blue higabana pattern, folding it, he stuffed it in his pocket.

×|×|×

Kōyō left shortly after saying that, and started walking to the mountain, for some hellish reason, she could hear shouting all the way from the bottom of the mountain.

Going up with unfazed expression, used to Jigoro's screaming when he was training her, got to his house soon.

There were two boys, one Brunette, the other a ravenette.

"Jigoro-san.!" She called out to him, and stopped his screaming and saw his student arrive with only a few scratches, feeling proud on the how strong she was.

"Aimer! Your finally back!" He said walking towards her, ignoring the two boys staring at them, and hugged her. Kōyō kneeled down and hugged him before letting go and standing up.

Looking at the boys, Kōyō smiled once again.

"Hello there, I'm Sou Aimer."

Kōyō really wish she hadn't have to lie, but she really needed to hide her name, until the right time has come...