Chapter 9

They travelled through the mountains. A large blizzard had started when they reached a steep slope. Legolas looked over the mountaintops hearing something, something dark.

"There is a fell voice on the air." He shouted back to the stragglers. Wind whipped through their cloaks. It sounded deep and menacing. "It's Saruman!" Gandalf shouted. The boulders above them fell to the ground almost hitting the Fellowship. They took cover. Aragorn covered Frodo and Sam. Boromir covered Elysium, who held onto him for dear life; she did not like heights very much. Legolas covered Gimli, much to both of theirs dislike, and the rest of the hobbits.

"He's trying to bring down the mountain!" Aragorn yelled over the noise of the storm and boulders. "Gandalf, we must turn back!"

Gandalf stood against the wind and began chanting. Both Elysium and Legolas were whispering in their native language, trying to connect with nature to seize the storm. Lightning struck the top of the mountain. Tons of snow and ice fell down, covering them all. The scream of a woman was drowned out by the force of the mounds of ice and snow connecting with the ground and them. The first to emerge was Legolas, next was Aragorn and Frodo. Legolas pulled Gimli and Sam up.

Boromir yelled as he emerged. "Help! Help!" He carried Elysium who was covered in her own blood. A thick and heavy ice shard had been lodged in her stomach. Fellowship moved to her as fast as they could in the snow. Her breaths were heavy. "We must get her off the mountain!" Gandalf shouted.
Boromir was struggling to keep calm. "We must make for the Gap of Rohan, and take her to the west road to my city!"

"The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard! There they will over run us with orcs and she will not make it!" Aragorn called over the blizzard.

"If we cannot pass over a mountain, then let us go under it." Gimli said. "Let us go through the Mines of Moria." Gandalf winced. He feared to go into those mines for he knew what lay awake in them. But it was the only chance to get her to safety and heal her. They must try.

"Let the Ring-bearer decide." Gandalf stated. Boromir was fuming. With all this talk Elysium was loosing blood and also dipping in and out of consciousness. Frodo glanced at Elysium. They had no time to make for the Gap of Rohan. The only choice was the mines. "We will go through the mines." Boromir wasted no time in pushing them out of the way and carrying Elysium forward, leaving a trail of her blood in his wake.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Olympus was crowded today. Today was the winter solstice and the Olympians were discussing something very important, of course.

A loud bang echoed through the occupied throne room. "MY DAUGHTER IS MISSING! WE MUST DO SOMETHING!" Poseidon roared, banging his algae covered trident onto the stone floor. Zeus propped up his head on his hand and sighed. Poseidon had been like this since his only daughter, Percy Jackson, had been determined missing. Zeus' daughter Thalia Grace, visiting her cousin from a long month of hunting a pack of hellhounds and dracaena, found Percy's cabin trashed. She, along with everyone at Camp Half-blood and Camp Jupiter were instantly worried. This was the second time she had mysteriously disappeared, and much to the king's dislike, their children had suspected his wife, Hera.

Grover, the Lord of the Wild, watched timidly as the two brothers fought amongst themselves, not paying attention to the poor satyr that looked as if he was about to pee himself. He and Thalia held back Andrew Chase, son of Athena, from trying to tackle the King of the Gods. "Send a damn search party, Zeus!" Andrew yelled, struggling to get out of their strong grip. His girlfriend was missing and they were doing nothing about it!

Zeus gave Andrew an icy glare and snarled, "We have, boy, but nothing has come up!" Poseidon slammed his trident on the floor again. "Then send more!" he boomed. He turned to face the three. "Rally your campers, put them into groups, and send them off." The demigods and satyr nodded before scurrying out of the Throne Room of the Gods.
"They will not find her, brother."

Poseidon glared at Zeus, "And why is that?"

"Because she is not in this dimension."