Chapter 22

ANDREW wiped the monster blood from his face and joined his friends by their horses. Connor was binding Travis's arm with a log and his shirt. Travis had blood gushing from his nose and dirt smeared across his face. Connor looked better than his brother. Clarisse was digging grime out from under her finger nails with a knife. Thalia was inspecting her little brother, checking for wounds. Leo was talking admittedly with Jason.

Andrew frowned, counting all his companions. He saw only 6, not including himself. They were missing one. Nico. "Leo! Jason! Get over here! We gotta look for Nico." He called. Jason jumped up, happy to get away from his over protective sister. Leo followed his bestfriend.

"He's not here?" Jason asked when he finally made his way over to Andrew. Andrew shook his head and started to move on. The three of them weaved through the bodies of the monsters and kingsmen.

Leo turned over a monster cautiously. He examined its face. "What the hell is this thing?" He asked disgusted. Jason chuckled.

"I heard it's an Orc." He said. "Warriors of this wizard guy, Saruman. He's like the right hand man of-" Jason didn't get to finish.

"Percy!" Andrew gasped.

Jason frowned, not appreciating being interrupted. "Well, no. I was going to say Sauron." Leo rolled his eyes and pointed to where Andrew was looking.

"No. It's Percy. Look." Andrew said, shaking his head. Leo's eyes widened. He lunged forward, trying to grab Andrew before he took off. It was too late. Andrew was already running.

"What?" Jason asked, grabbing his best friend. Leo grimaced and sighed. He dusted himself off and stared at Andrew's retreating figure. "It's Percy," he said. "She's not gonna remember him."

Jason frowned. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"When she looked at me the other day, ya know, when we first saw her, she didn't even recognize me. She didn't recognize any of us or she'd at least be acting a little different. I would think she'd be looking for us, too. But she wasn't. She didn't even blink at me."

"But this is Andrew. Percy loves Andrew. She didn't forget him when Hera switched us, she's not gonna forget him now." Jason clapped Leo on the back. "It'll be fine, Leon." He said.

Leo frowned. "What did you call me?" He asked suspiciously. Jason raised his eyebrows. "Leo, I called you Leo." He answered.

Leo just stared at him. Jason laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his neck. "Come on, let's go look for Nico."

Leo nodded, but he just couldn't shake the feeling that something weird was going on with his friend.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"Get the wounded on horses!" Theoden ordered. "The wolves of Isengard will return. Leave the dead."

Andrew paid no attention to the things around his except for Percy and the man who was carrying her. Andrew pushed the Rohirman out of the way. He had to get to Percy.

Andrew was feet away from her when a white horse blocked his way. "Woah, boy." The rider said. Andrew looked up at him. "You do not want to fall, boy. We are leaving this land. Wargs are soon to return." Theoden King said, staring daggers at Andrew.

"Thank, King Theoden, but you're kind of blocking the way." He grumbled. In other situations Andrew would've been more respectful. He was smarter than to disobey a king. But he was blocking Percy from him. His Percy; no one takes his Percy from him. No the king, not any demigod, god, not any monster, and certainly not the man carrying her.