Chapter 16

Andrew woke up to the rattling of chain and Eomer's face. Eomer was shaking him, telling him to get up. "Come now, Andrew, there is a gathering in the throne room. I have requested your attendance." Andrew sat up groggily and looked around. His friends we're already up.

Jason was folding the clothes they were given to sleep in and placed them at the corner of his bed. Connor was out of sight. Nico and Leo examined their clothes. Travis was bugging Eomer as he tried to locate his helmet. Andrew hurridley got out of bed and put on the clothes that Eomer gave him. Minutes later the men exited their room and walked down to the throne room.

The girls were already there. They looked tired. Thalia sat at a very long rectangular wooden table, zoning in and out, drooling. Clarisse sat beside Thalia with her head on the table, completely crashed. Eowyn rubbed her eyes, but tried to stay awake. The demigod men took up chairs by the girls.

Grima scowled when he saw them as he finally entered the throne room, without the King. "What are they doing here?" He spat.

Eomer glared at Grima. "I assumed they could assist us."

"Assist you with what?" Clarisse growled.

Eowyn cleared her throat and shook her head disapprovingly at Clarisse's manners. "Theodred is missing."

"And how does this involve us?" Andrew asked. He just wanted to find his girlfriend. He didn't need to get stuck in this mess.

Eomer glared at him. "We thought you might repay us for our hospitality. Some of you will be coming with my men and I to search for Theodred." Leo groaned. All he wanted to do was go back to sleep.

Thalia raised her hand. "I'll go. I gotta get out of this hell hole." Eowyn frowned at her and then frowned at Grima. If she would get to go then Eowyn would demand to accompany them, too.

Grima looked distastefully at Thalia. "I think not. Women do not fight. The men must go. Volunteers?" Jason and Nico raised their hands.

"Wonderful," Grima said sarcastically. "Gather your horsemen and do not bother me with your presence until you find the great King's son."

Eomer lead Jason and Nico to the stables once they said their goodbyes. Jason and Nico were going to be traveling in an unfamiliar land. They did not know whether or not they were going to come back.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Elysium did not complain much. Her father taught her to be patient and kind. But it had been days and they had still not found Merry and Pippin. Elysium felt that they were getting closer, though. The stench the orcs left would not go away for days.

Elysium watched Aragorn as he listened to the ground. She trusted him. He was a good tracker and friend. He would not leed them astray.

Elysium watched Gimli grunt and spit. She trusted him. He was a good fighter and friend. He would protect even an elf.

Elysium watched Legolas as he looked at the land, searching for a sign. He was a good warrior. He could also be a good companion. Her father spoke to her about marriage. He says he knows when he sees something pure. Legolas would be a good companion, but that was just a dream. Elysium had no intention of making it home.

But he tempted her sometimes. Him, with his smooth pale skin and long blonde hair. Him, with his sincere smile and clear blue eyes. Oh, yes, he did tempt her.

Aragorn stood from the ground. "Their pace has quickened. They must've caught our scent." Aragorn ran up the hill and Legolas and Elysium followed swiftly with Gimli struggling to get up the hill.