Chapter 19

A/N: sorry guys this is a filler chapter

Luke smiled at Sally grafully as she handed him a cup of hot chocolate and sat in the arm chair opposite of him. "Thanks, Sally." He said, taking a sip of his hot chocolate. "I didn't expect to get this kind of hospitality. Especially from you." He glanced at her guiltily.

Sally gave him a warm smile. "You were her friend, Luke, no matter what happened in the past." She said. "She would've forgiven you. So I'll forgive you."

"Thank you, ma'am." Luke frowned. "Why are using her name in the...past tense?"

Sally fidgeted. "Percy...Percy's been missing for a couple months." Paul said.

Sally winced painfully. "18 months." She said. Paul wiped away her tears and gave her a warm hug.

"Is anyone looking for her? Do you know if she's dead?" Luke asked cautiously.

"Andrew and her friends are looking for her. We don't know if she's de- dead." Sally gasped out. She wiped her tears and frowned at Luke. Something dawned on her. "Why aren't you dead?"

Luke played with his fingers and avoided Sally's gaze. "Um, that's a long story. Not one I particularly want to tell."

Sally sat up, crossing her arms. "We have time. You owe us this, Luke." She said sternly.

Luke sighed, rubbing the back of his head. They deserved to know. "Well..." When he's done telling his tale, he will begin his search for Percy. He knew Andrew was not going to find her.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Luke exited the Blofis' apartment building and entered the cold, winter air. He stuffed his hands in his coat pockets, walking along the New York streets.

He watched the scenes of life in the city. Children played in the snow, throwing snowballs and making snow angels, while their parents talked admittedly to each other.

He watched couples kissing under mistletoe tied to the lamp posts. He saw friends laughing. He saw business men talking into cell phones.

He had missed civilization.

Immediately when Luke had died, he had woken up in a grassy field. The sky was bright blue, so he had guessed he wasn't in New York, where the sky was a grayish color from pollution, and he could hear the distant clopping of horses' feet.

A man with pale skin and long light hair had pulled him onto his horse and he and his companions had taken him back to their city.

They had taken him to a man and women, who looked like every other person in the city. It was odd. He could've sworn the woman spoke in his head.

The woman was as fierce as Percy. Though, something made him want to bow down to her, defiantly not how he felt about Percy. She gave him mishevious smiles and harsh glares at times. She was a weird lady.

The man seemed like her boyfriend or something. He stood close to her and scowled at him when he didn't bow to her. He didn't exactly like the looks the guy was giving him either.

Luke shivered, the woman's clear eyes bore into his mind. She gave him the creeps. Back there, wherever 'there' was, time didn't seem to matter. It felt like a hundred years, but from what Sally told him it had been a little over a year.

Luke reached his destination in no time. He opened the doors to the Empire State Building hesitantly. When the bald, portly man that always say at the front desk took a look at him, he grabbed the desk phone ready to call one of the gods.