Subtleties

Will awakes with a warm feeling within his stomach, something he hasn't felt in a long time.

He feels safe.

Coming into consciousness, Will throws his arm off his bed, only to feel a nest of.. hair? He jolts up, now aware of the other boy sleeping peacefully on his floor. His sandy hair has fallen neatly across his face, his head is tilted downwards, and his lips are slightly parted as he exhales. Feeling a sudden pang of guilt, the messy haired brunette gathers his blanket, and delicately covers Hannibal, trying his best not to wake him. He stands and turns towards the entrance of his bedroom, and begins to open the door as soundlessly as possible.

"Mm.. Will."

He must've sensed his stirring, because Hannibal's eyes met his own with a longing look.

"Did I wake you?" Will sighs and slumps down beside the taller, leaning his back against the bed frame. Hannibal shakes his head in response, and the two boys sit in a comfortable silence for a few moments.

"You're.. really kind to me." Will mumbles, staring at his thumbs.

"...How does that make you feel?" Hannibal wraps some of the leftover blanket around him, and brushes a few brown locks away from his eyes. Will flutters his lashes at his gentle touch, and the same former warm feeling arises from his gut.

"I— I don't know." Will replies hesitantly, and for a short instant, he stares deeply into Hannibal's eyes, although he abruptly breaks their meeting gaze.

"You're not fond of eye-contact, are you?"

"Eyes are distracting. You see too much. You don't see enough.."

Hannibal hints a smile, and keeps his look fixed; eventually, the opposing blue eyes return onto his.

"What do you see?" Their eyes are glued together, neither deciding to break the electric current which remains between them.

"I.. Don't know." Will repeats in a quiet whisper, not entirely telling the truth. Hannibal's eyes initially appear warm, although, as he looks deeper, he becomes aware of a piercingly cold presence which lurks beneath. They appear hostile and dangerous, although strangely, he feels no lingering threat. Then, for merely a second, Will faintly notices an absence in Hannibal's eyes; Something's lacking, although he isn't sure what. This deprivation worries him slightly.

Will stands, "Er.. We... You should probably go." The blanket falls to his feet, and he crosses the room towards his drawers. He searches through for his own clothes for the day, before turning back to Hannibal.

"Are you going to wear the clothes you wore yesterday? Or do you want to borrow mine?"

"Hm, I would prefer to wear something of yours, at least until I return home." Hannibal replies, standing. He's lean, yet fairly muscular. This surprises Will, as Hannibal doesn't seem like the type to exercise regularly, however, there are many things he doesn't know about the brown eyed man. He shifts his observations back onto his clothes, and winces. Hannibal would never be seen in any of these.
But to his surprise, Hannibal doesn't hesitate to pick out an outfit, and Will is aware that it's highly likely Hannibal doesn't even own a single pair of jeans.

***

Hannibal returns from the bathroom dressed in a white shirt and blue jeans which seem a bit too small for him. Despite that, he makes it work. The shirt emphasises the curves of his torso, and the jeans actually look quite decent. Noticing Will's detectable observations, he chuckles.

"I do hope my drastic change of attire entertains you, Will."

Will snorts, almost taken aback by his directness. "Yes, I'm very entertained. —You look different, that's all."