Blood Red

To his surprise, Hannibal stirs from his sleep later than usual. Approximately 9am, according to his watch. Reaching over, he recognises Will is no longer wrapped against him, alternatively, his ghost is still burning hot against his chest. Noticing the shower running, Hannibal climbs to his feet. It would've been more practical if he had showered first, though he compromises, and decides to use the bathroom in a spare room instead. Prior to leaving, he makes sure to set out clean clothes for Will, and folds a deep red sweater on top.

Will emerges soon after, wet curls brushing against his chin as he moves. The soft, expensive fabric feels light and comfortable against his chest, and a scent which most likely resembles Hannibal's detergent clings to it. Standing fully dressed, he begins to proceed to the entrance of Hannibal's room, when his own reflection in the mirror catches his eye. He looks like himself, just more.. polished. The familiar shade of red surprisingly compliments his skin tone plus eye color, and even makes up for the fact the jumper is a few inches too big for him. God, even the underwear is fancy. Will squirms almost uncomfortably, knowing everything he's currently wearing belongs to Hannibal, and a crimson tint creeps upon his cheeks. Shaking his head and willing the thoughts away, he stumbles out of the room and glances down the long hallway.

"Hannibal?" Will calls loudly, yet the only response is silence.

He journeys down the stairs and ventures room to room, finding a need to keep himself busy. Despite the lack of dust, it's obvious some areas of the house are unused, having not been touched for months. Some rooms are locked shut, which he discreetly withdraws from. He makes sure not to disturb anything, instead he studies the variety of objects with just his eyes. In the living room, Will can tell the majority of the decorations belong to Hannibal's aunt, and rather, the kitchen is where his mark is imprinted. Everything is exquisitely organised, a stark contrast to Will's own kitchen. Thinking back to the meal which Hannibal had prepared for him, his mouth waters, and suddenly he detects how hungry he is. He searches thoroughly for bread, yet he finds only 'freshly baked rolls'— nothing which would fit in a toaster. He scoffs, then forages for something else to cook, pausing when he spots a filled egg carton. He collects them gracefully, and recognises sausages wrapped expertly behind them. No label, yet they look flawlessly made. Fresh, even. Smiling at the opportunity to cook for Hannibal and distract himself, he begins to prepare breakfast.

*

Will places the bowls of the protein scramble on the table, and as if on cue, Hannibal glides into the room, his hair tidy and his clothes perfectly hugging his body.

"Good morning, Will. Something smells delicious." He hums, sliding elegantly into a chair.

"It's uh.. nothing, really. Scrambled eggs and sausages.. Protein scramble. I hope you don't mind." Will shrugs, plopping into his own chair. He begins to spear a few pieces of meat, before glancing across the table towards the other boy.

Hannibal's stares down at the food with an unknown glint in his eye, and after a short moment, he looks back up at Will and smiles, revealing sharp incisors and canines.

"Looks delicious, too. I hope you enjoyed cooking it, I provided the meat myself."

"Ah— shit. I'm sorry. Were you saving it for something? I can- I can buy some more for you." Will rambles, gaze now fixed on his utensils as his grip tightens.

Hannibal takes his first bite and shuts his eyes, focussing on the taste. He only allows his eyelids to rise once he finishes his mouthful.

"Beautifully made, Will. You should cook more often." He shakes his head, and stares directly across towards Will. "And please, don't fret. I'm honored you're the one who cooked it. Perhaps you can provide the meat next time, though." Hannibal continues playfully, and to his surprise, Will can't decipher the underlying tone in his voice. Maybe it's a joke he doesn't quite understand.