The Opera

"You worry too much, Will." Hannibal smiles, placing a hand on the smaller boys shoulder as they walk up the steps towards the entrance of the Opera house. He leans back into his touch, finding comfort in his soft grip. Hannibal notes this, and holds out his arm; Will grasps onto it without hesitation.

They navigate through the crowds, stopping occasionally to greet a few of Hannibal's acquaintances, many study Will briefly, only to seemingly ignore his presence. He senses their stares once the conversations pass however, and their actions become obvious to him. The majority of the people are middle aged, with the occasional younger. Will notes a few names, and no one peaks his interest, other than a nervous Franklyn and a confident Tobias. Franklyn looks almost hurt at Wills presence, which outwardly irritates Hannibal. They continue to weave and talk to people, stopping as they reach a less crowded area.

"Are you alright?" Hannibal turns to him, raising his arm, revealing Wills grip. It's firm and tight, nails digging into the fabric of his attire. Will jerks his hand backwards and withdraws them deep into his pockets, staring to the ground.

"They're talking about me. About us." Will frowns, still feeling the burning of intense observations on his person.

"Does this truly bother you? I'm allowed to have outings with friends, and I'm proud to have you accompany me." Hannibal replies, though he glances around.
"Would you prefer to mingle alone for a while? Away from me?" He watches patiently as Will slowly looks up and nods, his face flushed. Hannibal gestures his acknowledgement and turns away, almost instantaneously pulled into another conversation. For a moment, Will panics, until another boy- his age, perhaps a bit younger, practically dives into his space.

"Hey." The stranger smirks. His light skin seems deathly pale thanks to the lighting and the dark contrasts of his outfit, and his short black hair is gelled back neatly.

"Er, hi." Will mumbles, forcing a gentle tug at the corner of his lips.

"I'm Matthew. Matthew Brown. Are you with Hannibal?" He asks bluntly, raising an eyebrow.

Will smiles downwards, and shakes his head. Matthew says nothing.

"Will Graham." He introduces when he tilts back up. Will watches curiously as Matthew glares into his eyes. His green pierces into his own blues, and immediately he notices how dead his orbs are. Matthew holds out two drinks, and offers one up to Will.

"It'll help your nerves. I swiped them while no one was looking, don't worry. —Im always dragged to these kind of events, so I may as well make the most of it." He drinks one, and Will copies his actions seconds after. The liquid burns his throat, and he realises its a stupid decision, yet he gulps it down anyways.

"Unlike you, I wouldn't say I was dragged here. I was invited, but I don't think I could even say no." Will chuckles, earning a grin from Matthew.

The boys converse a bit longer, Will making sly remarks, and Matthew laughing in return. A while later, Will feels the heat of a delicate hand ghosting his back.

"Hello," The newly emerged Hannibal smiles politely towards Matthew, who's gaze is fixed onto Will. The blue-eyed brunette turns to the Lithuanian and smiles softly, the alcohol- or whatever he had taken- making his stomach and chest feel warm at the sight of his friend. He places his former hold on the mans forearm, lighter this time, and watches Hannibal intensely as he speaks; Matthew grimaces at this.

"Hannibal Lecter. I've seen you here a few times, though we are yet to be acquainted. Thank you for keeping Will company."

Finally, Matthew tears his gaze from Will and eyes up Hannibal briefly. "Matthew Brown. Nice to meet you." Within an instant, his attention returns to the slightly drunken boy, having no intention to continue his conversation with Hannibal.