Contact

{ NSFW/lewd language/sexual content warning for this chapter. }

It had been Hannibal's idea for Will to arrange a gathering with Beverly Katz. Will had agreed; noting that he had spent the majority of the past few weeks with Hannibal. He didn't hate it; far from it, in fact. But he just needed a change. Thankfully, Beverly was keen to accept his offer, and they planned to meet in a reasonably secluded park a few blocks away.

Will's hesitance is visible as the young female proceeds towards him. He sits on a bench in absolute silence, staring at a patch of grass at his feet. Despite this, he notices as she strolls closer, the sound of her boots alerting him. She wears a black leather jacket and a cobalt blue undershirt, partnered with black jeans. If Will didn't know her personally, he'd find her quite intimidating- that is, if she wasn't beaming at him.

"Will, Hey! I haven't seen you in ages." She approaches with an amiable, genuine smile. "You doing okay? Honestly, I was surprised when you wanted to meet up." She slots herself beside him, leaving a gap separating them for his comfort. He's appreciative; for both her positioning and sincerity.
"I'm doing fine, just... Needed a distraction, I guess." Will shrugs, unable to meet her sight.

Beverly's smart, Will perceives, noticing as she decides not to press him, and alternately, chooses to spring to her feet.

"Well, What are we waiting for?" She grins a grin that Will instinctively mirrors and she holds out an arm playfully. "Shall we look for something to do?"

Her energy becomes Will's, and the boy accepts the invitation with a restrained laugh.
At this point, he doesn't remember the last time he had a close friend, excluding Hannibal, at least. While he and Beverly aren't necessarily 'close,' it's pleasant being around someone with such infectious enthusiasm.

For a few hours, Graham forgets what had occurred only a few days earlier.

They spend their time chatting and devouring very unhealthy food. Will thinks about how repulsed Hannibal would have been; the thought alone draws a giggle from his chest. Beverly does her best to entertain them both, her energy seemingly endless; something that he is grateful for.

They watch a movie at the theatre- a horror movie at Beverly's request,  eat, and hang around at the park, up until Will's social battery begins to reach a flat. It's mid-evening by the time he feels tired, his responses becoming blunter and blunter.

**

The female offers to drive him back, and Will reluctantly agrees, informing her that he's staying at Hannibal's. Mentioning his name causes a wide smirk to plaster upon Beverly's face, and as they enter the vehicle, it only broadens.

"So, what's your deal with Hannibal, anyways?" She asks as the car pulls into a congested road, bringing them to a standstill.

Will sighs; it wouldn't have taken a genius to see the question coming.
"We're friends. He, uh, helped me when my dad died."

Beverly scoffs, glancing across to elevate her eyebrows. She isn't buying it.
"C'mon, just between us. I've seen the way he looks at you- he's not exactly subtle."

"He's... nice. What am I supposed to say? He's there for me." If Beverly knew Hannibal personally, she'd remark that Graham is wearing one of the older's shirts; but fortunately, she does not. He fiddles with the hem of a teal sleeve as he speaks, his cheeks dusted with pink.

The smugness from the driver is undeniable, but Will chooses to disregard it. Not long passes until the car is moving once more, much to his delight.